2uponaBusa - Video

cosmo

Registered
Now we all know the Busa doesn't belong on the track right? I did my first track day of the year on 3/12/07 at Thunderhill raceway here in Norcal, just getting the cob webs out with the video camera running as usual. Get a little stacked up in traffic when suddenly:
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4361846783758255852&hl=en" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"> </embed>

What are you riding for the track...SV
rock.gif

Cool, were they doing some sort of ride-along? I remember Randy Mamola doing a few laps with Pax at Leguna last year...

(MC MUSTANG @ Mar. 21 2007,19:38) Cool, were they doing some sort of ride-along?  I remember Randy Mamola doing a few laps with Pax at Leguna last year...
Some of the track organizers will allow experienced riders to ride two up in the slower groups
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 21 2007,19:34) What are you riding for the track...SV
rock.gif
Ducati 996...for now. I've got an R1 up on stands getting prepped for Sears Point/Infineon on Easter Sunday.
The video takes place early in the morning after a long winter off.
The two up was an instructor doing a sighting lap for a newb on his Busa. Never seen that before and it shocked me. He damn near ran off the course in T6, then a supermoto (WTF is he doing on the track?) got in my way at T8 and I lost him. Just trying to be courteous....in the morning session
wink.gif

My stock '06 is actually better IMO with two up. I use to run 1/4 to 1/2 inch chicken strip; with her onboard, no chicken strip.
super.gif

I'm seeing a lot of super motos lately...Keigwin's allows two up riding under the right circumstances.

Here's a shot of my daughter on the back of a full race GSXR1000 with a modified stock rear subframe installed to allow a rear seat and pegs.  She had a ball running as high as 130+ and cornering was a blast.  I forget the pilot's name.  Man, I'd never ride on the back...
laugh.gif

ErinAtInfineon1__Small___2_.jpg

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 21 2007,19:52) I'm seeing a lot of super motos lately...Keigwin's allows two up riding under the right circumstances.
I think its a bad decision on the part of the sponsors. Like having a rolling speed bump in front of you.

(newmill @ Mar. 21 2007,19:58)
(BA BUSA @ Mar. 21 2007,19:52) I'm seeing a lot of super motos lately...Keigwin's allows two up riding under the right circumstances.
I think its a bad decision on the part of the sponsors. Like having a rolling speed bump in front of you.
They don't let just anyone do it...it is usually a race group rider that takes the girl friend
for a ride in the B group  
biggrin.gif

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 21 2007,20:05)
(newmill @ Mar. 21 2007,20:03)
rock.gif
Heres a still from one of the pay per view paperazzi.
T10 @ T Hill
rock.gif
This is an ongoing controversy, believe it or not.. We think its T11 (chicane entry) but its such a long telephoto shot no one can really tell.....and the photog won't give it up
mad.gif

rock.gif

(newmill @ Mar. 21 2007,20:11)
(BA BUSA @ Mar. 21 2007,20:05)
(newmill @ Mar. 21 2007,20:03)
rock.gif
Heres a still from one of the pay per view paperazzi.
T10 @ T Hill
rock.gif
This is an ongoing controversy, believe it or not.. We think its T11 (chicane entry) but its such a long telephoto shot no one can really tell.....and the photog won't give it up  
mad.gif
That's 10
wink.gif

rock.gif

Nice Vid Cos! That would scare the shizzle outa me though if a 2 up blew by like that...
SHOCKED.gif

Still I woulda like to have seen it. Keep er rollinbuddy. - K

(Kento-Moto @ Mar. 21 2007,20:49) Nice Vid Cos!  That would scare the shizzle outa me though if a 2 up blew by like that...  
SHOCKED.gif

Still I woulda like to have seen it.  Keep er rollinbuddy. - K
Its hard to tell on the vid because the lens is so wide angle but.....he squeezed thru on the right in a 3 foot lane, just as I'm heading for the apex of that turn while passing two riders on my left. Not a safe pass imho.
I have about 3.5 hours of video to edit....some of it is REALLY good too. I was consistently running 2:15's all afternoon and had T1 dialed in tight. The candy stripe goes by about 18 inches from the camera at 100+
AAAssjani.gif

Back