(2nd Gen) stock spring specs?

SuedePflow

Registered
Hey all,

I search and didn't find an answer to this.

Can anyone tell me the specs on the OE rear spring? Freestanding length and inside diameter? And rate, if possible...?

I'd like to order a replacement before I remove my stock one.

Hey all,

I search and didn't find an answer to this.

Can anyone tell me the specs on the OE rear spring? Freestanding length and inside diameter? And rate, if possible...?

I'd like to order a replacement before I remove my stock one.
8in long spring in 2.25 inside diameter and the factory rate is 14.5kg. Why a new spring, not enough for your weight?

8in long spring in 2.25 inside diameter and the factory rate is 14.5kg. Why a new spring, not enough for your weight?
So I'm not at all familiar with metric spring rates. Is that KG per MM? I just need to know to convert to lbs/in.

Thanks for the dimensions. I'm stretching my bike soon and will need to adjust the spring rate accordingly.

So I'm not at all familiar with metric spring rates. Is that KG per MM? I just need to know to convert to lbs/in.

Thanks for the dimensions. I'm stretching my bike soon and will need to adjust the spring rate accordingly.
Yes, kg/mm. Too much spring and your OEM shock calving won’t be able to handle it. Might want to revalve to match spring rate or just get a shock designed for your application.

Ended up with a 1000 lb Hyperco spring. Seems about perfect for the stretch and my weight. And sag was set to ~1.060". She rides so much better now than with the OE spring that did not have sag set properly.

Back