25 Anniversary edition

Got it yesterday. Loving the colors! Yoshis next

IMG_5784.jpeg

Hello guys. Good to hear from you all - you seem like a very friendly bunch of folks. I’ve got a few bikes including 2 Ducs (Panigale V2 and a Hypermotard SP - I work at a Ducati dealership ) a BMW R1250RS and the Trumpet speed twin that was in the last pic. It’s really a ridiculous number of bikes but we don’t have kids so had to find some way to throw our money away haha. I think I’m going to sell the silver bike as two identical models in the garage is a bit nuts even for a fiscally irresponsible loon like me.
I went for a Busa as I love the inline four sound and feel and all my other bikes were twins of various configurations. What else do you guys ride (if you do)?

Hello guys. Good to hear from you all - you seem like a very friendly bunch of folks. I’ve got a few bikes including 2 Ducs (Panigale V2 and a Hypermotard SP - I work at a Ducati dealership ) a BMW R1250RS and the Trumpet speed twin that was in the last pic. It’s really a ridiculous number of bikes but we don’t have kids so had to find some way to throw our money away haha. I think I’m going to sell the silver bike as two identical models in the garage is a bit nuts even for a fiscally irresponsible loon like me.
I went for a Busa as I love the inline four sound and feel and all my other bikes were twins of various configurations. What else do you guys ride (if you do)?
Sounds like a lot of fun....I have a good friend who has no kids and spends his money on cars (Mustang and Challenger mostly now), he and his wife seem happy enough....

I was up to a stupid number of bikes at one time and whittled my fleet down to just one.....thankfully....having multiple bikes was a nightmare for me as I never had time to ride and maintain all of them as I seemed to be always deployed somewhere...

The only real beef I have with the Busa is a perceived lack of engine braking. Coming from my recent history of twins (parallel, flat and v) it feels like the bike hardly deaccelerates at all when I close the throttle. When I saw that there was an engine braking control option I thought ‘ oh ok that explains it’ and assumed that selecting it would add to the engine braking braking but then realized that it takes what there is away haha.
Unless i have totally misinterpreted the way it works of course…

The only real beef I have with the Busa is a perceived lack of engine braking. Coming from my recent history of twins (parallel, flat and v) it feels like the bike hardly deaccelerates at all when I close the throttle. When I saw that there was an engine braking control option I thought ‘ oh ok that explains it’ and assumed that selecting it would add to the engine braking braking but then realized that it takes what there is away haha.
Unless i have totally misinterpreted the way it works of course…
To get maximum engine braking, turn the exhaust brake to 'Off'. There are also EB settings 1 (most engine braking with the exception of just turning it off) to 3 (least engine braking).

The process is explained on page 2-60 in my '23 owners manual.

Last edited:
Back