2013 Hayabusa doesn’t start and makes whining noise

Fastbusa132

Registered
Hello everyone recently I removed the battery off my 2013 hayabusa to use on another bike.After reinstalling the same battery the bike makes a whinning/humming noise sounds like the starter not spinning not sure though.This only happen when you go to crank the bike.This all happened after charging out the battery.Even tried bump starting it but the tire was locking up.Any idea what this could be.Trying to post video but won’t let me.

Hello everyone recently I removed the battery off my 2013 hayabusa to use on another bike.After reinstalling the same battery the bike makes a whinning/humming noise sounds like the starter not spinning not sure though.This only happen when you go to crank the bike.This all happened after charging out the battery.Even tried bump starting it but the tire was locking up.Any idea what this could be.Trying to post video but won’t let me.

The battery itself can still be bad.
I would have it tested, or try a new battery first, before going any further.
The battery can light the guages and prime the fuel pump, but still not have enough of a charge to spin the engine.

Welcome,

I take it the battery was starting the bike before taking it out?

Check the terminals to make sure they are clean and tight...

If they are,, check the battery and see what it's voltage is...if it is below 12 volts, charge it.

How did it work in the other bike?

Battery worked great on my gen 1 hayabusa.I even put a jump box to it still the same.Battery tested good.
I couldn’t find a way to post the video here so here is a link to the videos.https://imgur.com/a/JnPDEbT

Yes, doesn't like like a low voltage clik clik issue, more like something is seized down there. I'd try to bump start it down a hill, 2nd or 3rd gear, get it running and see it that loosens things up. How long had it been sitting idle? Engines hate to sit around for months not being run, all sorts of running gear dies on them. I run all my bikes and cars up to operating temp every 2 weeks or less. My generator every couple of months. The more running gear (transmissions, alternators, starters, water pumps), the more chance of a problem. You even want to actuate the clutch lever and brakes from time to time if they are sitting un-ridden.

Lets hope you get it sorted out soon with little effort .

Back