2009 Fuse Blew- Where is the fuse box?

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Was hooking up my fender eliminator kit and wires touched each other and tailights went out. Got a new fuse but wondering where the fuse box is and how do I get to it. From what I understand, it's on the left side of handlebars in fairing. Is there an easy way to get to it without tearing half the bike apart?

Unfortunately, the easiest way is to remove the windscreen, the inner uppers, and then you can get to the fuse panel on the left side.

Love this Forum, Thanks so much for the information. I was just finishing the rear for bike night and was in a hurry to get it done and the wires touched together while I had the key on...go figure!

Again, appreciate the response and the details to make it understandable

Ha I did exactly the same thing, didn't help that the colours on wires of the fender eliminator were crossed ! Its a mongrel to get to that fuse (like all mods on the busa), I just stretched the plastic cover out as far as it would go, and shoved my hand up there, it wasn't fun ! :banghead:

Rick it sounds like your gonna go down same road as me.
Lots of mods...:laugh:

Let me know if you need help as I am close to you.
Also Jinkster is in PSL and may be willing to help out.:beerchug:

Love this Forum, Thanks so much for the information. I was just finishing the rear for bike night and was in a hurry to get it done and the wires touched together while I had the key on...go figure!

Again, appreciate the response and the details to make it understandable
no problem! just passin' it on. :thumbsup:

Rick it sounds like your gonna go down same road as me.
Lots of mods...:laugh:

Let me know if you need help as I am close to you.
Also Jinkster is in PSL and may be willing to help out.:beerchug:

Thanks for the offer, I got it done today and all is well. Cant believe they put the fuse box where they did. You would think it was located under the seat or something easy to get at. Got it done and looks awesome.

Just removing my reflectors and little stuff like that for now. I have another bike as well and just finished that. Well I say finished but you know how that goes.

Anyway, waiting on front and rear stands as well as grips to go over the rock hard stockers. I have a Handy 1000# drive on lift but need the hand ones front and rear to clean the wheels.

Were are you located in PSL. I go to bike nights in Ft. Pierce and Lake Worth as well. Trying to stay on the East side do to the luv bugs.

Just realized who you are DAH???

totally off topic but...just searched my user name and saw this thread...and when i realized we both live in the same town?...i tried to pm ya but..would like to meet and ride with ya..or even if ya wanna swing by for a cold one and chat..here's my cell..

xxxxxxxxx

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
totally off topic but...just searched my user name and saw this thread...and when i realized we both live in the same town?...i tried to pm ya but..you opted for no pm's in your profile...still...might like to meet and ride with ya..or even if ya wanna swing by for a cold one and chat..here's my cell..

(772) 359-2124

L8R, Bill. :cool:
Dont know why you cant PM me. Seems to be working for everyone else Hmm

Dont know why you cant PM me. Seems to be working for everyone else Hmm

just sentcha a pm..here's whats in it...

"musta been a glich...just read your response and tried again and viola..sorry..l8r,bill."

1st time i gotta pop-up message that...

"This user has chosen to not recieve pm's"

sorry 'bout that...i'll do some editing..L8R, Bill. :cool:

just sentcha a pm..here's whats in it...

"musta been a glich...just read your response and tried again and viola..sorry..l8r,bill."

1st time i gotta pop-up message that...

"This user has chosen to not recieve pm's"

sorry 'bout that...i'll do some editing..L8R, Bill. :cool:

Bill we need to hook up with Blanca Busa and take a ride sometime. I live out in Southbend. I go to bike night in Fort Pierce as well as Lakeworth and Abacoa in jupiter

Rick I live in West Palm but have met Bill (Jinkster) a couple times .
He is a good man .
When I come back we do need to get together for a ride .

I am also upon return gonna call out all South Florida riders from your area to Miami and try to organize a picnic/meet and greet .
Thinking y'all are in PSL and another friend I have BUSA1166 (Manny) is in Miami I'm thinking West Palm would be middle enough for all ?
Okeeheelee park is super nice and I wanna try to get everybody together for a nice time in the park . Women and kids will be most welcome also .
I will supply the food and drink and just ask everybody to come ready to have a good time . If anyone drinks too much they will be welcome to stay the night at my place .

What do you think ?

ps.....Blanca is the bike and Saiid is the rider :laugh:

Last edited:
That sounds great! Look forward to it.

By the way, How do I get rights to edit my own posts. I would like to remove my picture of the plate as we discussed but unable to do so. No edit button/tab

Back