2008 hayabusa gear indicator

beenabusa

Registered
Yesterday I went and picked up my new 2008 hayabusa :thumbsup:. As the salesman was going over the bike with me he was shifting the gears while the bike was sitting there and the digital gauge read 1, 2 , 3 then just had a line as he continued up was wondering if anyone knows that if the bike is stationary the gear indicator is may sometimes not read or could it be something wrong with the gears. I didn't have a chance to ride yesterday and just came to mind now. I may just be paranoid as usual, also was wondering if there was a place which you know what mode the bike is in?

I've never seen anything like that.

Was the bike running while he was doing it?

I'll run through mine when I head to work this morning and let you know if there's no reading for 4/5/6 when the bike is running, and when it's not.

The digital gauge has a read-out for the mode, as well.

Congrats on your new baby!

Be sure to go through the new members section and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the family.

Oh, yeah...and be ready to post pix of the new baby or risk getting arrested by the PicPolice!

:laugh:

:laugh:pix will be posted when i get home. But yes the bike was running but he wasnt moving also the didnt give me the correct manual didnt get to mess with it much but it didnt show the modes changing guess i will have to mess with it more hopefully i wont have to go all the way back to the dealership for something like this :banghead:

took a look at it, and in pictures of the gauges the mode selector is to the right. Theres noting to the right om my gear indicator???

Dont worry about it... Mine has done that before... It's like the trans is stuck between gears... I he would have let the clutch out it would have jump in the gear above or below. No big deal...

I've seen the line before and a blank. I don't think you'll see any of this during normal use and I really don't think you have a problem, just a great bike. :welcome:

to pull up the modes you have to hold the mode up or down button for 3 seconds then it will pop up on your gear indicator

It sounds like the salesdork wasn't too bright.

There's nothing wrong with your bike, I agree with the previous posts. The transmission gears need to be in their proper position for the gear position sensor to be able to "read" what's going on. If you fumble around with the shifter while the bike isn't running, this is more likely to happen.

Just relax, and enjoy your 'Busa.

Back