2008 BMW k1200s

Have to have a pic!

4467F4750000239B000040CA219791299503010CD2079C080C03BF9C000 (Medium).jpg

It will last longer.Just because something is faster or has more HP doesn't make it better.My Honda VTX will run circles around the busa milage wise,but it's slow :banghead:

Whoa...hold on dog...er dad.

First of all just cause something can get more milage doesn't make it better. My son has 50cc scooter that will go 200,000 miles plus :whistle:

Second of all, what is it about the beemer that makes you think it will get more miles out of it as opposed to a busa.?
I am a firm believer, you buy quality and take of it and it will last virtually forever. In fac,t it's the beemer that stretches more to make power with the 13:1 compression ratio verses the busa 11:1. They're both water cooled, fuel injected, etc...with care and a proper maintance schedule...one shouldn't outlast the other.

And yes, it your making a high speed racebike...the faster, more powerfull, cheaper one...is better.

I am a huge huge fan of German Engineering and a big fan of BMW (especially their cars). I fully understand the Beemer is a "sophisticated" bike with electronic suspension, heated grips, etc...

My Personal choice is that I just don't see forking over an extra 5 grand for heated grips, electronic suspension and a slower, less powerfull bike.

Not to mention...AFTERMARKET PARTS. I'll take my extra 5 grand and go to town :bowdown:

I'll say it again...the busa does EVERTHING the beemer does better, faster, and cheaper.

Whoa...hold on dog...er dad.

First of all just cause something can get more milage doesn't make it better. My son has 50cc scooter that will go 200,000 miles plus :whistle:

Second of all, what is it about the beemer that makes you think it will get more miles out of it as opposed to a busa.?
I am a firm believer, you buy quality and take of it and it will last virtually forever. In fac,t it's the beemer that stretches more to make power with the 13:1 compression ratio verses the busa 11:1. They're both water cooled, fuel injected, etc...with care and a proper maintance schedule...one shouldn't outlast the other.

And yes, it your making a high speed racebike...the faster, more powerfull, cheaper one...is better.

I am a huge huge fan of German Engineering and a big fan of BMW (especially their cars). I fully understand the Beemer is a "sophisticated" bike with electronic suspension, heated grips, etc...

My Personal choice is that I just don't see forking over an extra 5 grand for heated grips, electronic suspension and a slower, less powerfull bike.

Not to mention...AFTERMARKET PARTS. I'll take my extra 5 grand and go to town :bowdown:

I'll say it again...the busa does EVERTHING the beemer does better, faster, and cheaper.

does your son wanna race that scooter :laugh:

:rofl:

I thought about throwing it on the back of the bus as a spare during long trips :laugh:

all this could change with a hot new K1300R 2009 version from BMW...I'd love to see them throw out a 200mph smoking machine :thumbsup:

I will agree that it "feels" slower. It isnt as violent, if you say, as the busa. There is no fighting the front end coming up with the shaft drive. Its a really nice bike that is really quick is all I'm saying. Is it a busa. No. But what is. My cousin loves his. So do Doyle and I.

We know what the K12 is capable of.. :thumbsup:

And the article continued to state...

"occasionally it (the 1200) lacks the shear driving force fo the Kawasaki and especially the Suzuki, and it needs a gear change down to get back on those terms. On this test that usually meant if the bloke in the back is on the 1200, over a set of miles he got left behind."

And the final paragraph...

"It's losing a battle with 180hp mosters which it will never win with so few ccs. But the long and short of it ain't hard, stylish, or different enough to cut it in this class anymore."

This article came out about 2 months after my Demo's at daytona and echoed my impressions EXACTLY. Kinda funny how all three authors of the tests (who do this for a living and ride hundreds of bikes) agree with me to a tee.

Maybe OUR seat o' pants dynometers are more sensitive than...others :whistle:

Less bike for more money (a LOT more money) just don't cut it in my book, that's why I'll probably never own a hardley.

hows the ride on that k1200 though? Spacing of the grips relative to the seat? I feel like the busa could be just a little more comfortable with some risers or something.. Being a BMW one would assume it would have a pretty nice feeling ride, all performance aside..

And the article continued to state...

"occasionally it (the 1200) lacks the shear driving force fo the Kawasaki and especially the Suzuki, and it needs a gear change down to get back on those terms. On this test that usually meant if the bloke in the back is on the 1200, over a set of miles he got left behind."

And the final paragraph...

"It's losing a battle with 180hp mosters which it will never win with so few ccs. But the long and short of it ain't hard, stylish, or different enough to cut it in this class anymore."

This article came out about 2 months after my Demo's at daytona and echoed my impressions EXACTLY. Kinda funny how all three authors of the tests (who do this for a living and ride hundreds of bikes) agree with me to a tee.

Maybe OUR seat o' pants dynometers are more sensitive than...others :whistle:

Less bike for more money (a LOT more money) just don't cut it in my book, that's why I'll probably never own a hardley.

Yes dear your right, I'm sorry.. Beemer's are slugs and Busa's are the fastest bikes made. I mean it has to be true the magazine says so.. :poke: :rofl:

hows the ride on that k1200 though? Spacing of the grips relative to the seat? I feel like the busa could be just a little more comfortable with some risers or something.. Being a BMW one would assume it would have a pretty nice feeling ride, all performance aside..

Hey Justyntym whats the mag say.. :poke: :rofl:

Your missing the point...I formulate my own opinions period. I just find it interesting that a month or so after this similar discussion an unbiased publication happened to agree with my assessment.

I didn't read their magazine then ride the bike...I rode the bike, formulated my opinion...then a month later read the article.

But I guess because they agree with me, they must be a joke right? So everyone should stop reading ride reports or bike vs bike test assesments in magazines because they are all wrong.

And I never said the K1200 is a slug...I said your paying more (a lot more) and getting less.

Last edited:
BMW is coming out with a K1300S for 09. Better looks, more power, more refined. :whistle:

There were 2 CCS riders who usta compete riding BMW's at daytona...

1. Was dubbed the nickname "Schultzy"

and the other was affectionately known as...

2. "Colonel Klink"

they did okay in their respective (if not "Obscure") classes...

someth'in like titled like the...

"morbidly obese light-weight twins"

uhem...class. :laugh:

Back