2004 Busa Around Beautiful Colorado for a hell of a sun burn

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I have pictures of a day around Colorado Springs just me, myself and I. Little sun shine and just a slow roll in town. BTW, just days prior I road to visit my gun store friends, stopped to see John at the body shop and back home. Pulled in as always on my rubber mat and stood the busa up with the rear grab handle. Looked at both spools as I hooked the Pit Bull in place. They were set and I took my eye off to push down on the handle of the Pit Bull and bam, all the way down on the ground! Oh yeah, I was pissed. poop happens. Tank scratched, right mirror gouged and the inner tubular frame that the mirror screws into was bent down pushing the PUIG down on that side about 3" to almost touching the front brake reservoir. Good and pretty deep scratch in the PUIG. Wet sanded the tank and buffed that right out. Wet sanded the PUIG and buffed that out and since Great White had mirror delete done I put on the new 2018 mirrors. Good as new and a major panic attack from that shid! I took no pictures but its burnt in my brain forever.

Ok, I have pictures of a day around Colorado Springs just me, myself and I. Little sun shine and just a slow roll in town. BTW, just days prior I road to visit my gun store friends, stopped to see John at the body shop and back home. Pulled in as always on my rubber mat and stood the busa up with the rear grab handle. Looked at both spools as I hooked the Pit Bull in place. They were set and I took my eye off to push down on the handle of the Pit Bull and bam, all the way down on the ground! Oh yeah, I was pissed. poop happens. Tank scratched, right mirror gouged and the inner tubular frame that the mirror screws into was bent down pushing the PUIG down on that side about 3" to almost touching the front brake reservoir. Good and pretty deep scratch in the PUIG. Wet sanded the tank and buffed that right out. Wet sanded the PUIG and buffed that out and since Great White had mirror delete done I put on the new 2018 mirrors. Good as new and a major panic attack from that shid! I took no pictures but its burnt in my brain forever. View attachment 1620774

View attachment 1620775

View attachment 1620776

View attachment 1620777

View attachment 1620778

View attachment 1620779

View attachment 1620780

View attachment 1620781

View attachment 1620782

View attachment 1620783

View attachment 1620784

View attachment 1620785

View attachment 1620786

View attachment 1620787

View attachment 1620788

View attachment 1620789

View attachment 1620790

View attachment 1620791
Definitely gotta flame you on the squid attire since I know you just witnessed that accident not long ago in that group ride. But some awesome pics none the less and glad you was able to fix everything after the fall.

Great pictures, quite the scenery.....

+1 on the gear....

I always put my side stand on a 2X4 block and a wedge on the front tire before I put my bike on the stand just in case...I've heard these horror stories of the bike getting away and falling over before.

Sorry to hear about the fall over and like everyone else the shorts have got to go. Looks like a great day otherwise.

I know... flame on. At 60 I've earned a day in the breeze and was never over 55 mph. Just enjoying the views and took the risk. It was a great day.

Definitely gotta flame you on the squid attire since I know you just witnessed that accident not long ago in that group ride. But some awesome pics none the less and glad you was able to fix everything after the fall.

It was quite a poop show in the garage for a moment with a few choice words to myself. I didn't have the boys as they were at work already. I got her up and she was flat on her right side. She is a very fat girl!

Great pictures, quite the scenery.....

+1 on the gear....

I always put my side stand on a 2X4 block and a wedge on the front tire before I put my bike on the stand just in case...I've heard these horror stories of the bike getting away and falling over before.

It was quite a poop show in the garage for a moment with a few choice words to myself. I didn't have the boys as they were at work already. I got her up and she was flat on her right side. She is a very fat girl!

A sad thing to behold for certain.....

I actually have both spools and the paddle lifts on my stands...I only use the spools when I take the tire off most times it's on the paddles.

I got knocked off my Bandit at an intersection one time and had to pick it up...that thing wasn't light either but at least there are more things to grab on it.

Back