2000 Suzuki GSX13Opinions please on an 00 for sale

New tires, chain, and complete 15k mile service complete (valves adj., oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, radiator flush, throttle body synchronized.
Just spent $1500 in new equipment and upgrades.

Secondly,  there was no NEED for the throttle body synchronization OR valve adjustments! There are rarely out of whack. Honestly, the Hayabusa is one of the most trouble-free motocrcycles out there. A 15k service is a waste of time down and money.

Clutch fluid
brake fluid
oil
tires
chain
rad flush

,,,what Bike owner isn't going to perform these normal tasks anyway? ON HIS OWN![/QUOTE]
I agree. Other than the recalls, the only problem I had with mine was the fuel pump going out ($600 with me doing the work)
Look close here. This thing could have been rode real hard and put up wet.

A really clean 99-00 can sometimes command higher $ than an 01-03 from the right buyer, reason being the unrestricted original...

Thanks for all the opinions guys.  TT, yes, I ride CBXs, have two, an early first year 79 and the last year, an 82.  Didn't realize the Busas were a "dime a dozen" and thought the early models 99-00 would be the ones to obtain if I was interested.  On top of the 7k he is asking I would also have to pay for shipping from FL to CA so I doubt I'll do it.  Its in great shape and was run into a muddy ditch but the mirrors and levers weren't even damaged.  One fairing panel was cracked and he needed a paint job anyway so he replaced the fairing panel and had it painted.  If it was closer I might jump on it.  If I do get one, suppose I'd want to ride my Xs anymore?  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|CBXRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135021660 -->

On top of the 7k he is asking I would also have to pay for shipping from FL to CA so I doubt I'll do it.  Its in great shape and was run into a muddy ditch but the mirrors and levers weren't even damaged.  One fairing panel was cracked and he needed a paint job anyway so he replaced the fairing panel and had it painted.    
smile.gif
I'm a little embarrased.

This bike belongs to a good friend of mine and one of our Brothers from SH.Org. (Screen Name 'Mr. Demeanor)
12-02-05029.jpg

He wouldn't be selling this Busa if he didn't have to. It pains him to have to leave this sport. He did have an accident that changed his life. He suffered from retinal hemorage and loss of vision in his right eye.

How quickly our lives can change.

This Busa is everything he says it is and I can vouche for his attention to detail.

Obviously, the beautiful blue and silver paint would be there still if he hadn't had the accident.

Here is the thread http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=59183.0

I'm sure he would entertain offers if you were really serious.

Thanks for all the opinions guys.  TT, yes, I ride CBXs, have two, an early first year 79 and the last year, an 82.  Didn't realize the Busas were a "dime a dozen" and thought the early models 99-00 would be the ones to obtain if I was interested.  On top of the 7k he is asking I would also have to pay for shipping from FL to CA so I doubt I'll do it.  Its in great shape and was run into a muddy ditch but the mirrors and levers weren't even damaged.  One fairing panel was cracked and he needed a paint job anyway so he replaced the fairing panel and had it painted.  If it was closer I might jump on it.  If I do get one, suppose I'd want to ride my Xs anymore?  
smile.gif
I bought my Busa to keep from racking up mileage on my CXT's...it helped but not by much. Trust me, you won't forget about your CBX's.
smile.gif
Actually I'd love to add an early CBX to the corral one day.

That said, the Busa is brutal fast and it's the only logical upgrade.

As far as being dime-a-dozen, check your local cycle trader, newspaper classifieds, ebay ect. and you'll see what I mean. Even the local dealers around me typically have several used models to choose from at any given time. The bike is in its 8th year of production and there are plenty of them out there. It's all good as parts will be available for years to come and the aftermarket is endless.

It's also one of the biggest SCAM bikes so be careful. The scams are not only on ebay but also in the cycle trader mags and I've even seen them in local newspaper ads. If the owner claims to have moved to another country or they want payment by Western Union it's automatically a scam. You're really better off buying the bike locally or going to pick it up in person.

smile.gif

Back