2000 Busa 45000KM......winter maintenance plans

Phazernut

Registered
I know we are still in the middle of summer riding but I'm starting my winter maintenance plans early. My Busa has 45000km on it and it is mostly stock with the exception of a K&N air filter and a nice new set of Yosh slip ons I put on this weekend. Bike seems to have been maintained fairly well by previous owners. (I only bought it a month ago) I have a new chain and sprockets going on it in a week. Over the winter I am planing to put it up on the work table and give it a good run through. Not planning any major performance mods mostly cosmetic and safety stuff. I have a speedo healer for it and will be ordering a new set of brake and clutch lines from Pasnit this week. Also a set of HID lights will be added. Think I'll change the cush drive as well. What other things shud I be looking for with these many KM on it. This is my first Busa so I'm looking for advice from the experianced group here.

Obviously might as well do oil, filter, and spark plugs.

Per the manual, replace the following after 2yrs. (doubt previous owner did this)
-Brake Fluid
-Clutch Fluid
-Coolant (might as well flush and switch bike over to Water Wetter. Mine never gets over the 1/2 line after the switch and it used to get close to overheating all the time)

Every 4 years
-Brake lines (front and rear, might as well replace with stainless steel braided lines)
-Clutch lines (braided line here too)
-Fuel line

Check/replace pads while the bike is up there. Check rotors to see if they're within speck. Clean all calipers thoroughly with toothbrush and simple green. Pull fuel filter out of fuel pump and clean/replace it. Clean fuel pump while you're there. (take it EASY on the screws on the pump; that aluminum is very soft)

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe have the injectors professionally cleaned.

Thanks Guys. I have the manul but was just looking for some real world issues that the book may not provide. Just done a nice order up from Pashnit to get most of the goodies I need.

Back