20 dollar Surefire® light

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
ok, so you get a two AA cell flashlight, just a cheapie from the hardware store ($5). grab a 9v maglight bulb ($5), and 3 CR123 batteries ($6). take a drill or file and remove the ridges on the inside of the flashlight. they hold the AA cell batts in. a 5/8" drill bit works really well, watch out for the metal strip that makes the light function. install the bulb and new batts and prepare for awesome. saw a vid on youtube, but improved it a bit. the 9v mag light bulb is twice as expensive, but works much better. here's the original vid. i'll post pix of my light tomorrow. gonna put one together for the wife, and i'll do a comparison with the mag light bulb.

- $10 Police Flashlight Hack![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Those little duracell batts are expensive. I had a camera that used them, needless to say I sold it for a li-ion camera. :laugh:

I never realized that there were flashlight hacks out there. Did some research and there is a whole culture of folks out there doing this. Incredible!

got all 3 batteries for 4.78 at my local army navy store. surefire batteries usually run about 2 bucks a piece at walmart. still worth it.

:poke: for the same $ you can buy 3 of those eveready flashlights and duct tape them together for the same outcome..and save yourself an hour of engineering:laugh:

Back