2 fingers on front brake

I like having 2 usually on the front brake, I feel It reduces reaction time, and I know I dont ride the brake. I have got use to accurately controlling the throttle this way (although throttle Range of Motion is influenced unless fingers are removed).

A buddy of mine who took a MSF class last year, says they told him this is a big NO NO. Hand on Throttle OR Hand on Brake, NOT BOTH. Opinions???
dunno.gif
I've also done the MSF class 4 years ago as well. They also taught me the all fingers on throttle or ALL FINGERS on the brakes. Not one or the other. They actually dock points off you on the final test if they see you "covering" or using only 2 fingers as opposed to all 4 fingers on the lever.

Look at World Superbike Champ Troy Bayliss though. He's fast as FUGG and he's actually missing most of his pinky finger on his right hand b/c of a hard crash last year (had to have it amputated). point is, you don't need all fingers on the lever to be super responsive in a late braking or emergency situation. 2 fingers will do most, if not all the time.

I never cover either lever. Easy enough to get a grip on them when you need to do so. When I use the brake, 2 fingers. When I use the clutch, which is rare, I use four.

--Wag--

Back