2 Day ride thru the North and South Carolina Mountians March 28-29 of 2009

CPR_MCOCHRAN

Registered
Hey fellow Busa'ites! Just wanted to post this upcoming ride. If your interested in going, don't forget to register on the forum. It's free and we will send out updates from there. Central Piedmont Riders

Coming up is a great chance to come enjoy the great smokie mountians in late March on a 2 day ride leaving out in Concord from StarBucks @ Carolina Mall on March 28th @ 8AM. Plans are to go pass Lake Norman to Lincolnton then head out Hwy 182 for some countryside riding with plans of Stopping in Lake Lure for Lunch. Continuing to follow Hwy 64 thru Hendersonville to Hwy 276 thru the Pisgah National Forest. Finally stopping in Waynesville N.C for chance to get registered at the local Super 8. While taking some time to discussing the interesting areas and waterfalls we may have passed.Then sitting down to evening Dinner and some R and R. Then plan for a lite Breakfast the next Morning and load up and hit the road at 8am to ride to Wolf Mountian for some more senic views while heading to Lake Toxaway. Then going down the Greenville Hwy to pick up the SC Hwy 11 senic route to Gaffney SC to hit I-85 north to get safely back to the Concord area. maps will be available at the time of the ride. All riders are welcomed from sport to criusers just enjoying 2wheel freedom is what it is all about. For any other info fell free to call 704-784-4368.

I grew up in the Brevard area, near the entrance to Pisgah National Forest! Rode all those roads you mentioned from Lake Lure to Gaffney. Should be a great ride in Late March. I might have to meet you guys along the way somewhere. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan. We could deff use your input on some good routes and maybe some detours on to some good roads up there. Sign up for our forums on the CPR site and we can keep you informed on our route. We normally try to put in stone some of the stops along the way so members from other area's can join us at different stops.

Back