1397 kit

SpeedCrazy

Registered
Ok guys, Just wondering if anyone has building a 1397 kit with wisco pistons 13.5 to 1 with ported & polished head with two intake cams with APE value springs. Wondering what kind of hp & tq numbers did you get and what kind of map did you use to break in the motor before taking it to get a custom map done..

with 13.5 pistons i THINK you have to run race fuel. 13 to 1 i THINK is the limit for normal fuel. power will vary on other mods you have. if you do all other normal mods from airbox to FULL exhaust and all little ones in between. THEN get 1397 w/ good cams, and 12 to 1 pistons (which IMHO is the largest size to use w/o worrying about starting problems.) YOU CAN BE IN THE AREA OF 200RWHP

SORRY I JUST SAW YOU ALSO MENTIONED HEAD WORK MAYBE ANOTHER 10-20HP BUT ALSO ANOTHER $1000.00 IF $ IS AN ISSUE

you need to just use the thicker head gasket and take the compression down just a little

you need to just use the thicker head gasket and take the compression down just a little
this is what i had to do on my busa as the compression was too high,

i have had the head gas flowed and ported, two inlet cams, No APE spings, its putting out 194bhp with 119lbs per foot of torque , running on unleaded petrol 94 ron.

If I have starting problem, I will get the tiger racing extra battery that bolts to the subframe. I forgot that I will be running a akrapovic system. If that matters..

If I have starting problem, I will get the tiger racing extra battery that bolts to the subframe. I forgot that I will be running a akrapovic system. If that matters..
you may already know this and i know little about it but ive heard that with the second battery deal you have to make sure to alwsys have it on trickle charge cause if the 2nd battery gets too low you cant start. to me it sounded like too much of hastle for mainly fun use (me) JUST A BUG TO PUT OUT THERE!

Thanks I didnt know that. I was talking to my mechanic today he said that I could just go to the YTZ14S Battery and that would help out alot..

if you end up have slow starts then it's a whole lot better to go 24v start. There's no real hassle. At night when your bike isn't doing anything hookup a trikle to the quick connect. It just helps to keep everything fresh. I've gone ridding for four (4) days straight (multiple starts) without a re-charge which shows the little secondary batt can take some use.

I always tell everyone to go to the 14s when they replace their Oe batt even if you don't go 24v start.

As already mentioned the gasket can help lower the static CR if you need to.

Good choice with the Akra. It's a very good exhaust system.

you may already know this and i know little about it but ive heard that with the second battery deal you have to make sure to alwsys have it on trickle charge cause if the 2nd battery gets too low you cant start. to me it sounded like too much of hastle for mainly fun use (me)  JUST A BUG TO PUT OUT THERE!

if the engine has been build correctly the motor should fire up on the first press of the button, if you have starting problems then something is not right somewhere ?

the correct battery to use is the Yuasa YTZ14S this fits into the original battery box without any adjustments at all.

Back