1300r to 1300st....?

wizeguy

Registered
I am wanting to set my bike up for more long distance runs. What have you guys done to your steed to aid in comfort and travel. I am open for all suggestions. I have been contemplating some homemade risers and something like a throttle rocker...help?

Also...are there options for a backrest for the passenger?

<!--EDIT|wizeguy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156801631 -->

A few things I have done to make it more of a sport touring bike is the zero gravity double bubble windscreen, throttle rockers, throttlemeister and some 1 1/4" risers. I also invested in the cortech saddle and tailbag setup. I would like to invest in the Bagster tank protector because you can purchase multiple size tank bags and they all connect the same. A new seat is also on the wish list, probably a Tobin. The few things I have purchased so far add up to about $350-$400.
biggrin.gif

Josh

Helibars, braided steel brake lines (makes braking easier when your tired) , Tobin Seat, Throttlemeisters, and a good set of metalic double tank bags ! Other than that, softening the suspension which does wonders on a long day
biggrin.gif

Oh man here we go!
Throttlemiester
Throttle rocker
Dual star heated grips
Genmar 1 1/4
Helibars
Corbin seat
Buell pegs
ZG Sport touring shield
Tankslapper (full kit).
Trusty old Eclipse tankbag and a full tank of gas! Lets do some distance baby!

Good post, I'm working on the same thing... But I'd also like to take it to track day, which is kinda in the ditch on the other side of the road.

Anyway, so far:

Cortec bags, saddle, tail, tank
Throttlemeister, heavy
Scorpio Alarm
Sirius radio -- best mod yet!

Paul

Just ride the bike as is and don't worry about it... that's what I'd suggest.

This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys position the throttle rocker? I had one and kept finding myself giving more gas than I wanted to, like in stop-n-go traffic. I couldn't find a comfortable angle to put it.

With this setup your at your max height 3"1/4 . I also have a set of 2" that you’re able to use the stock lines and cables.

Oh man here we go!
Throttlemiester
Throttle rocker
Dual star heated grips
Genmar 1 1/4
Helibars
Corbin seat
Buell pegs
ZG Sport touring shield
Tankslapper (full kit).
Okay... whats the "tankslapper"?

This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys position the throttle rocker?  I had one and kept finding myself giving more gas than I wanted to, like in stop-n-go traffic.  I couldn't find a comfortable angle to put it.
I never liked a throttle rocker, it made the bike way to twitchie for me. I was always hitting it when I hit a bump, and BAM, away we went. I'am just glad it was always on the open road with no traffic. I really didn't like it at all, so I got throttlemeisters, MUCH MUCH better
biggrin.gif

Oh man here we go!
Throttlemiester
Throttle rocker
Dual star heated grips
Genmar 1 1/4
Helibars
Corbin seat
Buell pegs
ZG Sport touring shield
Tankslapper (full kit).
Okay... whats the "tankslapper"?
Clear vinyl kit for your whole bike. Protects the tank, Tail, hump, side panels, headlight etc! Good stuff, if you plan on running a tank bag a must have!!!

http://www.thetankslapper.com/

Forget about the Throttlemeister and rockers, go straight for the full on cruise control. More work to install, but much, MUCH less hassle out on the open road. Imagine taking your hands off the bars and leaving them off, mile-after-mile. No sore hands here!
biggrin.gif

I reworked the linkage for the fast idle lever & use that as a cruise control. It will run about 80mph on the flats.

Back