$1,500 worth of speed.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for some suggestions.

Right now, I have an '05 with a full exhaust and all that goes with it (airbox, PC, PAIR block-offs) as well as new Checkered Flag Motorsport switchable TRE. This One. I love top-end runs and that's my interest, not so much acceleration. So my question is, if you had a Busa with the same mods as me and $1,500 to spare, what HP increasing mod(s) would you add to it?

A NICE INSURANCE POLICY
wink.gif

I'm looking for some suggestions.

Right now, I have an '05 with a full exhaust and all that goes with it (airbox, PC, PAIR block-offs) as well as new Checkered Flag Motorsport switchable TRE. This One. I love top-end runs and that's my interest, not so much acceleration. So my question is, if you had a Busa with the same mods as me and $1,500 to spare, what HP increasing mod(s) would you add to it?
Cams baby!!!!

I dont know best bang for your buck. But I would probably do lighter aftermarket rims.

I would say NOS would be the best bang for the buck...but so many things you need to do right, or your motor could suffer and possibly go Poof.

Web cams are real nice but spendy, yosh cams, and the stock intake cam mod is always nice, but to me its very spendy for a few extra ponies.

A stroker crank would be great, but could cost more than a Big-Bore kit.

Since I want to go turbo, and knew to do it right, it would cost me 6 to 8k, I decided to focus on a few other things that really ncreased performance. I've taken great effort to lighten the Busa...everything from aftermarket wheels, to titanium, aluminum, annd carbon fiber parts. Combined with a 42T rear sprocket, and shedding a lot of weigh has made such a huge difference in looks and performance, I can hardly believe my results.

I also have race exhaust, small box mod, pair removal, etc...but droping a lot of the stock weight from last fall has been like adding several HP. Not only does the busa perform much, much better, it looks better, and when Im ready to do a turbo - I can just focus on a turbo and not have to focus on the weight reduction, appearence mods.

Anyhow, just the route I took and couldnt be happier...hope this helps.
smile.gif

v6 rims from goldenchild i wouldnt do cams untill you do a big bore. When you go to a big bore it would be best to do a custom set of cams to the head you had done which makes the cams you previously bought useless and youll have to sell em

Back