02 to 08 Tail swap

bigdog1300

Registered
Has anyone swap there tail sec on the gen 1 to the gen two if so is there a wiring harness adapter for the tail light and turn sigs?

I just saw someones post on with thier gen 1 to gen II tail...do a search, if i find it i will post u the link

ok here is a pic of the gen 2 wiring coneccted to a gen 1....if you look closely the white 3 prong connector is from the gen 2, so i labled mine for when i take the tail section off. on the gen 1 there are 3 wires, white with black, brown, and black with white... i put some male plugs on the end of the gen 1 wires so they would slide in and out easily of the gen 2 connector.... if you face the gen 2 connector towards you the white with black goes in the top left corner, the brown goes in the top right corner, and the black with white goes in the bottom... the turn signals if i remember correctly have to be spliced also but they are the exact same colors... hope this helps... anymore questions feel free to ask !
Attached Images https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/120756-rear-end-swap.html

Last edited:
Are your refurring to my MULLET? No tail swap but Ive been wanting to mold the GenII tail light into/ with the stock GenI tail??? To be diff. Have not got into looking at the wiring.

That would probably look good, Just the tail light not the signals.

Here is my photo chop of seeing what it would look like. Would take some body modding to do it and would lengthen the tail about 3 inches.

MULLET_GenII light.jpg

Back