'02+ exhaust on a '00

SGVridgerunner

Registered
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but search wasn't pulling up the answer I wanted.

I'm wondering if I can swap an OEM exhaust from an '02 (with the dual slip-on mid pipes) onto my '00 (with one slip-on and one welded-on mid pipe). Just swap the entire system out.

Are there any differences other than one pipe slipping on? Will it affect my rear subframe? Will I run into any fittment issues? Does anybody know why Suzuki switched it?

Sorry if this sounds rushed, but I am looking at one on Ebay with not much time left.
winkold.gif

Thanks,
Dave

Yes it will bolt up perfect you will have no problems with it what so ever. I guess they changed it because the one side slip on design sucked?
laugh.gif

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but search wasn't pulling up the answer I wanted.

I'm wondering if I can swap an OEM exhaust from an '02 (with the dual slip-on mid pipes) onto my '00 (with one slip-on and one welded-on mid pipe). Just swap the entire system out.  

Are there any differences other than one pipe slipping on? Will it affect my rear subframe? Will I run into any fittment issues? Does anybody know why Suzuki switched it?

Sorry if this sounds rushed, but I am looking at one on Ebay with not much time left.  
winkold.gif

Thanks,
Dave
I have several 01 up systems with dual setup lmk if you don't win that one...

i may be wrong but haven't 01+ headers and midpipes got the catylitic converter in them thats why they make a liitle less power than the earlier models no? i was also considering doing this for the stainless mid section but didn't want to lose any hp

I did this swap on Heavybusa's bike. I installed a 07' header onto his 01'

Back