Busa exhaust

Hi I just bought the two brothers shorty slip ons and they come with a mid pipe and I ran into a problem installing them I have a 2000 busa and when I tried to install the mid pipes only one side of my header comes apart did they change headers in 2002 ??? because after reading the paper work I noticed it said 2002-2007 is there anyway around this problem without changeing the header???? any info would be greatly apperciated Thanks guys :beerchug:

Gotta invest in newer style header or I think "Vance & Hines sells just headers that will work. Given time you prob get a stock set where it cost more for shipping then the actual header.

BTW.... :welcome:

How about some Pics! :rulez: :laugh:

most people donate the headders I have 1 for just shipping... although it is a 2008 and I have 1 person interested in it

as already pointed out, you bought the "wrong" year pipes for your bike. check the CLASSIFIEDS here or ebay. Welcome and best of luck.

Yes, the very early Busas had just one mid pipe. You'll need to check Craig's list or Ebay and find a set of later model headers. As indicated, there's probably guys on the forum here that would let go of a set.
Welcome and best of luck on your project.!!

Thanks guys and I have already located a stock header is there any more stuff that is different on the 99-01 busas that the 02-07 had planning on doing a few more mods and dont want to run into any more probs hopefully but I guess thast how you learn oh and by the way this is a GREAT SITE VERY HELPFUL THANKS AGAIN :beerchug:

Thanks guys and I have already located a stock header is there any more stuff that is different on the 99-01 busas that the 02-07 had planning on doing a few more mods and dont want to run into any more probs hopefully but I guess thast how you learn oh and by the way this is a GREAT SITE VERY HELPFUL THANKS AGAIN :beerchug:

Nothing else really major as far as general modding goes. When you decide on a mod,post up and ask for opinions and such. Most common mods are in the stickies here. :beerchug:

Back