02 busa need to beat new litre bikes help

Maybe I just should have said "learn how to ride"...ALL of these bikes are so close in performance...the big difference is the 'rider' :whistle:

:lol:hi all,

i have an 02 busa stock except slip on cans, and double bubble screen, now this is probably a stupid question and asked before but ineed it clear for my dumb a** lol.

what do i have to do to my busa to be able to pull up to a new age 1000cc say GSXR k5 k6 or zx10r etc at the lights and feel confident that i can smoke him from the lights and also if i met one on the motorway that i couldblast past and laugh, ive been kinda misled really.

i used to have a GSXR1000 K3 142bhp at the wheel and thought that my busa would be much faster but not so sure it is even though it is v v fast.
maybe in a different way. more sublime?

any way love the busa so much but feel i may have been left in the dark ages kinda, but hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel and not too much cash involved.

so what mods should i do preferebly cheapest and not turbo, nos or bore kits etc just tuning really. thanks team hope you reply soonas this is eating me up.:please:
Busa's stock are geared WAY taller then the 1000's.....gearing them down to equal the liters will make a huge difference in how they feel and perform :thumbsup: That and a good full exhaust/pc/filter/tune will make your gen1 feel way lighter and a helluva lot faster.....the difference truly is amazing :beerchug:

The only problem with all this advice is that if you are the typical Busa owner - Old and usually over 200lbs - is that the typical litre bike rider is less than 200lbs (most of the time 150lbs) and the bike alone is over 100lbs less than a Busa. On a roll-on contest you will have hell and most likely lose. If that litre bike has some performance enhancements especially sprockets, you will most definetly lose in an ugly way up until the litre bikes top-end of course but a decently geared litre bike will still top out at 160mph which is fast by any standards. Now I am talking about 05 and newer bikes as that is about when they started to really perform better than the big bores. The older bikes not too much of an issue except for that light rider with a lot of gear.

From the dig, the Busa is much easier to accelerate than a high winding litre bike but an experienced rider can make the litre bike pretty darn close off the line then it becomes a race for the back half of the qtr. mile. This is still assuming stock height and length for both bikes and for comparison.

As an example:

Both bikes were ran on the same day last November. Here is what they had at the time. Track altitude 5300', 60' temps. 175lbs suited rider oon both bikes.

2006 Hayabusa - Stock exhaust, +6 rear sprocket, PCIII mapped, no pair valve and a total of 10lbs removed from the bike, air shifter, slammed and strapped.
10.05ET @137mph w/1.63 60ft. time

2007 GSXR 1K - 2 Bros slip-on(saved 10lbs mininum), -1 front sprocket +2 rear sprocket, lowered 2" rear and strapped front-end, Brock Ultra Clutch mod, MR11 fuel.
10.04ET @141mph w/1.67 60ft. time

Pretty close #'s but the GSXR picks it up after the 330' maybe sooner.

I guarantee on a roll-on my Hayabusa would get smoked from any speed to 150mph against his GSXR 1K

Last edited:
I'm thinking just the rider mod should do the trick. No offense at all towards you, but I have an 07 with nothing more than a full Muzzy Megaphone, PCIII with Muzzy tune, 16 tooth front sprocket, lowered and stretched 5 inches. I had a newer R1 decide to mess with me as we where both getting on the interstate a few weeks ago. He got on the ramp ahead of me, looked back at me and nailed it. After he took off I let it loose. Needless to say after I slowed down he pulled up (From behind me:laugh:) and gave me a :thumbsup:.:rofl:. Why he wanted to pick the on ramp to the interstate to tangle with a Busa is beyond me. Oh yeah.. it was a closed interstate for competition use only:whistle:

Back