berlin airshow

skid vicious

Registered
The A380 was one of the stars. The Airbus family demo flights
were impressive and the A340-600 pilots impressed spectators
most with some impossible maneuvers that you don't see everyday...

berlin.jpg

There were several display areas
berlin2.jpg

berlin3.jpg

The B-1B is a very loud aircraft - to put it mildly.
berlin4.jpg

The friendly B-1B crew was all grins. Maybe they were
already in party-mode because their aircraft was only on
static display for three days...

berlin5.jpg

Maybe not the right candidate for a beauty contest but I like it.
The "Aquaglide 2" sure looks Russian...

berlin6.jpg

berlin7.jpg

oldies: A Dornier Do 24 ATT
berlin8.jpg

The beautifully restored Messerschmitt Me 109 G6
berlin9.jpg

...with the original engine
berlin10.jpg

The (replica) Messerschmitt Me 262 B-1A was a highlight
berlin11.jpg

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 09 2007,15:54) Houston we have a problem

Skid....drop me a PM if you need help with the pics.  DD
LMAO, naw, just FUBAR'D  the upload.

berlin11.jpg

The display pilot did a lot of explaining and on the left side some "old eagles"
are probably discussing the benefits of the current engines compared to the unreliable old ones..

berlin13.jpg

Sweet sounds! Having started their engines a Douglas Skyraider and a Chance Vought Corsair
enter the taxiway to begin their aerial demonstration.

berlin14.jpg

...closely followed by a rare Spitfire Mark 19.
A Mustang P-51 was also there but it did not fly. On its way to Berlin it lost its bubble
canopy which crashed into a tennis court (nobody was hurt). The pilot did not abort the
flight and also did not declare an emergency. Instead he decided to press on because his
windshield was still intact. This seems to have caused some concern with some German
paper shufflers...

berlin15.jpg

The fast movers: Northrop F-5E
The Patrouille Suisse put on a magnificent display of precision flying.
And yes, the pilots had Breitlings on their wrists... (I saw two Emergencies)

berlin16.jpg

There was a small scandal two years ago. When they left the airshow and headed back for
Switzerland the buzzed the Swiss embassy in the middle of Berlin as a farewell greeting.
They were accused of violating minimum altitude rules, which they denied. air traffic
control tried to prove the violation but the recorded data was somehow "lost".
I hope they do it again...

berlin17.jpg

berlin18.jpg

The Eurofighter is now active with the Luftwaffe. In former years when it was still a flight
test prototype it was displayed several times but in a kind of mild manner. Now it is different.
t is a very agile and highly maneuverable aircraft and those two pilots did a great show with
a mock dog fight. Impressive!

berlin19.jpg

berlin20.jpg

The Mig 29M MOV is an incredible machine. I don't know if the pilot bent the airframe during
his high G maneuvers but it was a magnificent display! Some stunts really looked out of this
world and the laws of physics did not seem to apply. If there ever is one performing in your
vicinity - go see it!
berlin21.jpg
berlin22.jpg
berlin23.jpg

OK, back on topic: Here is one for the Sinners
berlin24.jpg

Great pictures. Fabulous!

The me 262, if devoloped earlier it the war, would of taken us out easily. I didn't thing any were flying! Beautiful aircraft to this day.

The 109 is also impressive.

runeight...

nice thread, i felt like i was right there at the show, nice job

GREAT PICS! I just love plane photos. Sure beats the little putt-putt Cessena I fly!!!
super.gif

awesome pics... thks for sharing. I have always had a thing for aircraft of any shape or size, but have a preference for the big boys... the airbus is just flat out HUGE!!!

(runeight @ Jan. 09 2007,19:46) Great pictures. Fabulous!

The me 262, if devoloped earlier it the war, would of taken us out easily. I didn't thing any were flying! Beautiful aircraft to this day.

The 109 is also impressive.

runeight...
i'm pretty sure the 262 was a replica. even if it isn't, i'm sure the engines were updated as the original engines required a highly volatile fuel that had to be mixed at the plane. this led to several unintentional explosions and the loss of the plane. the original engines also had an operational life of about 50 hrs.

Back