Up north to the "deep south" ride

That bike sure looked at home in that gallery.
smile.gif

tn_100_5798.JPG

One of our first stops was at this little store in Oak Hill Al. The woman in the picture saw me with the camera and said "You're not from around here are you?" Of course I told her no and asked her to tell me about her town. She lives just a few miles down the road and the town has 80 or 90 according to her.

tn_100_5826.JPG

After crossing into Ga. we stopped in Camilla and entered the hardware store to soak up some Air Conditioning.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150409721 -->

tn_100_5837.JPG

The only fast food of the trip was here in Moultrie, Ga. We agreed that the next hotel we saw was where we would spend the night.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150409821 -->

tn_100_5838.JPG

So we rode to Valdosta and spent the night there. This photo was taken this morning. I saw the US 129 sign so I began looking for all the curves but there were few to be found.

tn_100_5842.JPG

White Springs Florida was our first stop. It's a neat little town just south of the Ga. Border.

tn_100_5844.JPG

Had lunch at Don Pepe's in Dunellon. By this time we knew we were back in Florida. We had several people pull out right in front of us, and had to pass several folks doing 45 in a 60.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150414808 -->

tn_100_5853.JPG

Finally home, the dog was happy to see us, notice his smile.

The trip was well worth the time. Alabama Hwy 10 is a great road on which to travel across Alabama by motorcycle. Lots of little towns, and only two that take more than just a minute to ride through. The people at all the stops were very friendly and conversational, and the drivers were courteous. It's nice to know that the whole country isn't as caught up in themselves as many of the people in the more populated areas are.
Hanging out with my brother and Mom was fun too, although we never did talk Mom into going for a ride. She's not real fond of motorcycles. She tried riding back in the late 70's and didn't do so well.

The End

tn_100_5858.JPG

Glad to know that the two of you made it home OK. Thanks for sharing the pics and story with all of us!

~Jason~

Yep, it was a great ride. Alabama 10 was a nice road and the folks were great too. Florida 41, slow moving, inconsiderate drivers, but roads in good condition. All in all a great trip, although I wouldn't recommend gravel roads!

Yep, it was a great ride.  Alabama 10 was a nice road and the folks were great too.  Florida 41, slow moving, inconsiderate drivers, but roads in good condition.  All in all a great trip, although I wouldn't recommend gravel roads!
Aw, come on Kent!  I ride down a mile of very sugary soft sandy road every time I go out!  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|fsusux
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150481187 -->

Back