First time to Participate in TX Mile

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I had a blast. 2-1/2 days and I got off 11 runs. I left today around lunch.

My best was 177.4 mph

I was hoping for 170. My first run was 162.....I was like dayum.....I hope I can hit 170...than I ran 160....I was like no!!!!!:banghead:.....then I ran 170.0......then 170.4.....then 171.8 That was Friday.

Saturday came and we were lined up and a vette crashed at the far end and flipped. We were off for about 2-1/2 hours as they took car of him and the crash. I think he was ok...but flighted as a precaution.

So first run of Saturday was 177.4:cheerleader: I was like wow...I can do it. But I never could dupicate that run and just kept falling off about 1mph on each consecutive run. The wind did change to a head wind on Saturday? That could have messed with me a little. But I had a few screw ups with my shifter as well.

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

that's awesome bro good job and nice pics... I'm confused about something tho and don't take this the wrong way just look at it as what it is my ignorance... I would think hitting 200mph in a mile would be easy but thats just from me doing 135+ in 1000' and thats less then a 1/5th of a mile it just seems we would have plenty of time to get around 200 but like I said i'm ignorant on the situation i've never ran a track over 1000'

that's awesome bro good job and nice pics... I'm confused about something tho and don't take this the wrong way just look at it as what it is my ignorance... I would think hitting 200mph in a mile would be easy but thats just from me doing 135+ in 1000' and thats less then a 1/5th of a mile it just seems we would have plenty of time to get around 200 but like I said i'm ignorant on the situation i've never ran a track over 1000'

not easy at all....especially for a 250# rider (not geared) on a basic modded bike:laugh:

O ok like I said I've never had the chance to try it I've never got to 177 on a track period :( not yet anyways... congrats bro

Congrats Rodney, Glad you had a good time, Thanks for the pics:thumbsup:

Congrats Rodney... :thumbsup:

Wish I could have gotten out there and met you but just couldn't get off work this time. Maybe next time...

Josh :beerchug:

nothing to be ashamed of you have done something VERY FEW have done
1)Ran a standing mile coruse
2) brought home a running bike
3)HAD FUN.

ps. if I knew that was you I would have been hanging around more even if I had my plate pretty full

congrats! :thumbsup:

You had fun, no damage, and you went 177 in a mile from a standing start. I would say that's pretty darn good. Getting a good launch, hitting your shifts, and tucking like mad sounds easy enough but now you know first hand what it takes to be fast in the mile. :bowdown::beerchug::thumbsup:

Awesome. I wish I knew that you were from the org. I was busy setting my bike up, and helping my 2 brothers get there's done also. I hit 184.9 and my goal was 185 so I didn't quite get there.

The mile is awesome. Completely different than what I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This and a track day are two things I def want to do. A bit bummed now that I've removed the tre as I know I'd never be able to go faster than it's limited to. Not even sure if I'd get there? But I need a set of leathers first.
I really want to do an LSR event here in Florida cuz the three times I've been to the one here people were getting in at least a dozen runs on one day.

Congrats on your acheivements :beerchug:

This and a track day are two things I def want to do. A bit bummed now that I've removed the tre as I know I'd never be able to go faster than it's limited to. Not even sure if I'd get there? But I need a set of leathers first.
I really want to do an LSR event here in Florida cuz the three times I've been to the one here people were getting in at least a dozen runs on one day.

Congrats on your acheivements :beerchug:

Get the boostbysmith derestrictor. It's only $30 or get the ECUeditor software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back