This is Oregon!!!! (enter spartan kick here)

busawife

Registered
What the heck? We are under a foot and a half of snow and more is falling. Did the weather forget that this is Portland, Oregon? We don't get snow like this...and certainly not within three days! Oi! :wtf:

To give you an idea of how bad it is, pretty much all public transportation is down. We don't have enough snow plows, so they have two people per snowplow, and they are running them 21 hours a day...and still not able to get all of the roads done. Some of the drifts (like the ones at the end of our cul-de-sac) are up to Jefferycarman's waist. :shocked:

They are now reporting that this is the 3rd worst snow storm in all of Oregon's reported history. Nice...:thumbsup::Oo:

Anyhoo, I know that this thread is worthless without pictures. However, our new home has crap for a heating system :banghead: and we are staying warm at a friends' house. And, we don't have the ability to post up all the pictures we have taken. However, Jeff is going to try and head to our house and get some more items for us and check on the house and I will have him grab our camera cable!!!

Oh, I forgot the best part. I work for a bank...and they have closed us today. I know we will be open, if only for a few hours tomorrow, due to the stupid law that banks and the federal reserve has to be open every 4th day. :cheerleader: Yeah...good times...

thprod_632_31495.gif

I grew up in Springfield, Or. I remember we got 3 inches once and it pretty much shut the town down. What I remember more are the ice storms where we would get like an inch of ice on the roads.

Stay warm.

Yeah I hear ya. There's probably about a foot outside my place, but we've been having a blast. Last night we were out playing in it for about 2 hours, night before about 3 hours out in the fresh snow...

Helped out a few folks stuck in the stuff... It's amazing just how inept some of the natives are when there's snow on the ground...

Here's a couple of shots from Saturday night.

IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

and when the flash goes off... POOF Snowing...
IMG_4514.jpg

Stay warm!

What a shame. I cannot say strongly enough how absolutely unfair life is sometimes.

Which brings me to say these three little tidbits of wisdom..

1. Neener
2. Neener,and
3. Neener!​

Oh, yes; and just for the record: :laugh: and :moon:

Should have stayed in San Diego!

What a shame. I cannot say strongly enough how absolutely unfair life is sometimes.

1. Neener
2. Neener,and
3. Neener!​

I am so gonna kick your booty at the stampede. :spank: Yeah, it is days like this that make me miss San Diego. That is, until it rains in San Diego...this snow thing happens once in a great while here. Rain happens in San Diego every year, and you all can't drive in it.

Anyhoo, we have the pictures downloaded, but the mac refuses to get on the web. (Stupid people putting passwords on their wireless!!!) So I stole my friend's lap top again. Thanks Rev for posting pics from your area. I will post some from here soon!

As for the ice storms...yeah, it is snow covered in ice, covered in more snow...and it doesn't look like it is going to stop. :banghead:

I feel your pain busawife... I'm not too far from you. The good old Tri-Cities. It has been colder than a well diggers ear for awhile now. We've only got about a foot of the white crap here.

The good news is it sounds like it could start warming up by next Saturday!

hang in there...

Here's a shot from my place...we've had another 6-8" since this pic..
Dec08snow014.jpg

We have been having a ball in this stuff! Woke up today to a 3 foot drift at my back door! :laugh: My youngest daughter and I started making it into a snow cave! :laugh:

PICT1899.jpg

1. Neener
2. Neener,and
3. Neener!​

I wouldn't trade you... I'm loving it, couldn't ask for better Christmas weather. Snowy, Cold, it's awesome. :thumbsup:

I was miserable in Florida with it's perfect 75 and sunny during the holidays, grew up with snowy Christmas', no cold/snow=No Christmas vibe= Sad Keith. :ssad:

Back