pulled the trigger on pipes

jch364

Registered
For the longest time I struggled with the prospect of getting a new exhaust system. So many to choose from. All claiming different things. blah blah blah. I have posted on the org seeking advise and received great responses. I had considered going with an alien head exhaust but in the end considering the expense and with the miles I already have on the bike, over 25k already, I decided to go with just a slip on from two brothers. One other factor in this is that fact that I needed a new chain and sprockets. Mine are still stock. and I will need both front and rear tires before the bash this year. Thats a lot of extra jack so I compromised. So in the end I got everything from 58cycle. Chain and 2 sprockets,-1+2. That should be fun. Chain tool, and Two brothers slip on for under 1k. I thought that was a good deal.Already got a speedo healer ready to install.
ThumbsUp.gif
Thanks for all the suggestions. It really did help me along the way.............................One other thing. I assume that there is no need for a pc3 since its just a slip on. Would that be correct?

No NEED for a PCIII (have one with my bolt-ons) but it allows you to get your bike optimally tuned and to get everything out of it with what you got. Don't forget the marble mod (cost of a marble or ball bearing) or block off plates ($20).

I will be keeping the pipes so i am putting on 2 cans to replace the factory ones. I will have to look up the marble mod. I have heard about it but not looked into it. seems like if i start making those kinds of mods the f1 light will start going off. But what do I know

Na.. the marble mod is the same as the pair valves mod but much simple and the cost is "free" go steal from my kid
haha

it will not make your FI light go blink blink.

Is there a pic for this marble mod or at least were it goes.? I tried to search marble mod but got nothing as to actually being done.

Just do jet hot coating on header and fab the rest of the system.
Put together the end pieces so the cats only howl when the tac is over 2000.
Have a shorty muffler stuffed in the end pieces.

exhaust.jpg

Just do jet hot coating on header and fab the rest of the system.
Put together the end pieces so the cats only howl when the tac is over 2000.
Have a shorty muffler stuffed in the end pieces.
Dude I like the naked look of your bike but the front fairng is too large still did you think about just a front cowl ?

Back