Got a question I've NEVER seen posted-

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Was reading a racing mag a few days ago, the writer said in the earlier days of the Busa he saw a guy racing one in one of the Extreme classes. We all know that although fast, she is a heavy beast. So my question is, bearing in mind that racing requires all the performance equipment and fairings, what is the lightest possible dry weight for a Busa?
rock.gif
And what is lightest documented?

Anybody know THIS one?!?
smile.gif

Not sure. Tom - Warbaby had the lightest one on here... I think he took over 50lbs off of it. BST wheels....Ti... etc. Wasn't a race bike so who knows the answer to your question.

I remember reading about 4 years ago and someone had everything listed that he had changed and the wieght differance from the stock parts . Carbon rims , Ti bolts everywhere , I believe he had it down to 390 dry weight . All he was doing was subtracting the original parts and adding the new ones from the listed dry wieght of a busa.

I know a few weeks ago on racing scale, mine weighed 497 with no gas but with oil. I was blown away that it was under 500! I've changed the wheels, rotors, installed carbon fiber Muzzy and removal of all the little stuff, without rear seat or tools. I'm sure one could get lighter but for me, I think the 1st 35-40 lbs. is both the easiest and most important. Raydog

P1000688.JPG

Taking weight off the Hayabusa gets expensive real quick just add horsepower and loose weight!
argue.gif

There was one in a mag ((I think 2 Wheel Tuner) they called "speed boat"(?) It was suposed to be real lite, all carbon fiber. I don't know if he raced it though ?

I took 14lbs of rotating weight off of mine a couple of weeks ago. It made a difference at the track.

The Rad Greeves - RadBusa was the one that they raced in extreme way back when... I guess that would be one that documented.

I remember nickslick's bike was pretty darn light for a street bike. CF body, etc.

There was even one time that someone made a CF composite busa frame but I don't know what ever happened with that one.

You could make a light race Busa. Race bodywork, BST's and Ti everything.

The Rad Greeves - RadBusa was the one that they raced in extreme way back when... I guess that would be one that documented.

I remember nickslick's bike was pretty darn light for a street bike. CF body, etc.

There was even one time that someone made a CF composite busa frame but I don't know what ever happened with that one.
+1 This bike was an awesome machine!!!

Here's a short video on the beast:

c.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

SuzukiHB1.jpg

I'm diggin' that bodywork. Throw a hump on there, and it coulda been the 08!

Last edited by a moderator:

+1  This bike was an awesome machine!!!

Here's a short video on the beast:  

c.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

SuzukiHB1.jpg

I'm diggin' that bodywork.  Throw a hump on there, and it coulda been the 08!
I love the tail section on that Beautiful Bike
thumb_up.gif
. Infact, I love EVERYTHING about that Bike  
jump9.gif

Back