Ever seen Biker Boyz?

gotta love the movie for the bikes, not the story!!
SHOCKED.gif

Actually the movie is not as lame as people might think it was / is

The history of the movie is a news reporter got involved with kind of an undergound motorcycle scene down in socal. the movie is based allot of what the reporter experienced.

I at one time was thinking of prospecting for a club out of Fresno called the Quarter Mile club out of Fresno http://www.quartermileclub.com/

As I was prospecting for them I found out about the clubs history and they were the club that held the yearly races in Fresno that is depicted in the movie.

I also went to a few gatherings with the club and was surprised at how close the real get together were in comparison to the movie

i.e. they took me to a place where we road up to a closed gate, some guy was there, checked out the clubs colors and opened the gate and let us in. must have been over a 1000 bikes there which people walking around drinking, girls half neked, and people taking off here and there to do one on one racing.

The club invited me out to the property of a farmer that had a mile stretch of asphalt and that is where the club practiced their QM racing and their launches (no dirt racing though lol )

So while almost all movies exaggerate, I was exposed to a lifestyle that was similar to what was depicted in the movie.

And yes in real life the Fresno PD shut down the yearly races because people started getting hurt and people were getting stupid.

I ended up not hanging out with the club, at 40+ years old I wasn’t going to be a prospect for a group of people kissing their butts and I told them that. They didn’t have a problem and were not going to treat me like a prospect, but there was some other issues not compatible with my line of work and my security clearances and being involved in a bike club like that. They didn’t do anything wrong when I was hanging out with them (this was about 2 years ago) but they kind of had a bad rep with the local PD and I didn’t need the hassle.

Anyway, thought I would throw that little trivia out there. I think if you watch the end of the movie when they are showing the pictures of the clubs I believe there is a pic of the QM club, the pic is of old members, they went through a big change and the club split, but some of the original members are still in the club. I think LT Dan (pres) Blaine (VP) and Bigg-E (sgt at arms) are original members (I think)

Ok, let the flaming begin
biggrin.gif

Anyway, check out their web site, lots of cool pics and a few of the members have some kick arse Busa's

I loved the movie. My favorite part was when they was racing on the bridge and kid gave my man the head start. Of course not only did he pass him, he popped the wheelie as he was going by.
lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

its funny peopel argue over the dirt road race all of these years. I didn't see any outrageous launches to denote "movie magic". Peopel race in much higher speeds that they showed on that movie on salt....so what's the beef?

If you want to nit pick the movie......then why were they down shifting during a drag race?

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 26 2007,00:54) If you want to nit pick the movie......then why were they down shifting during a drag race?
Reverse Shifting,it's easier for the 1-2 shift...I do almost all my bikes that way..

(thrasherfox @ Jan. 25 2007,21:54) Actually the movie is not as lame as people might think it was / is

The history of the movie is a news reporter got involved with kind of an undergound motorcycle scene down in socal. the movie is based allot of what the reporter experienced.

I at one time was thinking of prospecting for a club out of Fresno called the Quarter Mile club out of Fresno http://www.quartermileclub.com/

As I was prospecting for them I found out about the clubs history and they were the club that held the yearly races in Fresno that is depicted in the movie.

I also went to a few gatherings with the club and was surprised at how close the real get together were in comparison to the movie

i.e. they took me to a place where we road up to a closed gate, some guy was there, checked out the clubs colors and opened the gate and let us in. must have been over a 1000 bikes there which people walking around drinking, girls half neked, and people taking off here and there to do one on one racing.

The club invited me out to the property of a farmer that had a mile stretch of asphalt and that is where the club practiced their QM racing and their launches (no dirt racing though lol )

So while almost all movies exaggerate, I was exposed to a lifestyle that was similar to what was depicted in the movie.

And yes in real life the Fresno PD shut down the yearly races because people started getting hurt and people were getting stupid.

I ended up not hanging out with the club, at 40+ years old I wasn’t going to be a prospect for a group of people kissing their butts and I told them that. They didn’t have a problem and were not going to treat me like a prospect, but there was some other issues not compatible with my line of work and my security clearances and being involved in a bike club like that. They didn’t do anything wrong when I was hanging out with them (this was about 2 years ago) but they kind of had a bad rep with the local PD and I didn’t need the hassle.

Anyway, thought I would throw that little trivia out there. I think if you watch the end of the movie when they are showing the pictures of the clubs I believe there is a pic of the QM club, the pic is of old members, they went through a big change and the club split, but some of the original members are still in the club. I think LT Dan (pres) Blaine (VP) and Bigg-E (sgt at arms) are original members (I think)

Ok, let the flaming begin
biggrin.gif

Anyway, check out their web site, lots of cool pics and a few of the members have some kick arse Busa's
I went about a year ago to the roundup thing there(Fresno) and went out to the big park where the event is held..I will say it was one of the wildest places i have been to ever...Crazy Fun

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 26 2007,03:54) its funny peopel argue over the dirt road race all of these years. I didn't see any outrageous launches to denote "movie magic". Peopel race in much higher speeds that they showed on that movie on salt....so what's the beef?

If you want to nit pick the movie......then why were they down shifting during a drag race?
It wasn't the dirt road race that got me. It was the fence 10ft past the finish line
laugh.gif

(GoldenChild @ Jan. 26 2007,06:42)
(suzuki4life @ Jan. 26 2007,00:54) If you want to nit pick the movie......then why were they down shifting during a drag race?
Reverse Shifting,it's easier for the 1-2 shift...I do almost all my bikes that way..
rewatch the movie and listen to the RPMS....not talking about their actions.

Hey smoke - burn rubber not your sole baby... That's the only line that just cracks me up. Everything else - I loved. I lived in San Fernando for a bit back in the early 80's and ended up at some gigs that were similar. Very cool... till the cops showed up and started ticketing like crazy.

Except for the fence at the end of the dirt road race - awesome! One of my favorite parts is when Primo is telling the two guys about the girl he picked up; got the hell beat out of him and had to ride home naked...

just good lame fun... Anyway - the bikes in the movie are spectacular. Still one of my favorite non-deep movies. If I want deep - I'll watch a foreign film. ;-)

(Rocketman @ Jan. 25 2007,16:41) I have the DVD Biker Boyz... yeah - I know - it's the most ridiculous bunch of lame one liner goof biker shows ever - but I love it.  Sorry - but seeing so many bikes together and so many races and such... can't help it.

Anyway - my question - does anyone know if there is any information published on any of the bikes?  Specifically - Smoke's Busa, Dawg's ZX12R, or Kid's GSXR...?

I'd be curious about any of the others too - like the dike's dark green machine - what was that - a ZX12-Busa?

..i know - ... I'm stupid...  

laugh.gif
I could be wrong but wasn't the dike riding a TL1000?

(busa_boy_69 @ Jan. 26 2007,14:01)
(Rocketman @ Jan. 25 2007,16:41) I have the DVD Biker Boyz... yeah - I know - it's the most ridiculous bunch of lame one liner goof biker shows ever - but I love it. Sorry - but seeing so many bikes together and so many races and such... can't help it.

Anyway - my question - does anyone know if there is any information published on any of the bikes? Specifically - Smoke's Busa, Dawg's ZX12R, or Kid's GSXR...?

I'd be curious about any of the others too - like the dike's dark green machine - what was that - a ZX12-Busa?

..i know - ... I'm stupid...

laugh.gif
I could be wrong but wasn't the dike riding a TL1000?
Is that what that is? I was trying to figure out what that bike was... Love the color.

I don't know if some one already said it but the green bike was a nice low tiller. suzuki tl 1000r. I had one before I got my busa and they are sweet bikes.

Back