drag tire

stroker

Registered
has anyone tried the metzeler dragtec vs a mickey thompson # 3221?
m/t sells it for a 7 inch but it's a 6.75 in reality and the metz is a 190 = more than 7.5 inch
stroker

I’m not sure if you are comparing the same type of tire. The only Metzler Dragtec that I’m aware of is a DOT spec drag tire. I know some prototypes have been seen in AHDRA but has just been released on the market. The 3321 MT is a square rubber non-DOT drag slick mostly used with wheelie bars on small tire drag bikes. The MT tire that compares to the Dragtec Link is the MCR2 part number 3295 Link, also a 190 Link .

The Metzlers are now supposed to ship 2/16/07. Release date has been put off twice so that is not a sure thing yet.

(sidebusa @ Feb. 10 2007,06:30) The Metzlers are now supposed to ship 2/16/07. Release date has been put off twice  so that is not a sure thing yet.
I'm going to stay with my MT. I still have 4. Two that have some life in them for practice. The one on the bike I only raced the final event (13 passes) so it is good for two more races and I have a new one that came in last this month. I'm good until mid season and likely won't change during the season.

That is going to be the big problem. Guys are not going to be willing to switch without some time on them. They are getting them out too late. The only ones with time on them is a few AHDRA prototypes...

My MT also works well. I was hoping for something that would hook as well at the MT and perhaps a little better when track has less grip. I will try one of the Metzlers when they arrive but if I am not inpressed will also stick with what works Mickey Thompson.

New ship date on the Metzler is 2/23/07. This is 4 times that it has been put off. I guess Metzler thinks they are the Motorcycle tire god and can just jerk us around any way they want to. Our dealership has cancelled all orders for the tire. People that were waiting for it want to run the Pro Star race first weekend of March but could not get any test and tune on the tire by then. I will simply stick with the Mickey Thompson.

Metzler has done it again new ship date is 3/9/07, that makes 5 times ship date had changes in past couple of months. I am beginning to think they SUCK.

Well they did it again now 3/16/07 is new ship date. Wish I knew someone at Metzler so I could tell them what jerk offs they are.

I run the Michelin Power Race or my Grooved Slicks

Tire3.jpg

30pilots.jpg

230pilots.jpg

30pilot.jpg

4Groovedslicks.jpg

Don't waste your money. Ran one today on my 05 Hayabusa, extended 8 inches, brock pipe, power commander and lowered.
1st run Spun through and part way through second gear
2nd run a little better spun through and hooked in second gear
3rd run spun half way through first gear
4th run lowered air pressure from 12 to 8 psi still spinning to tree.
5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th runs all spinning off the line and to the tree.

Tire slipped on the wheel about 4 inches each run. Track was good and I did not change my launch but lost .1 on 60 ft times and over .2 at 1/8 mile.

Tire is round profile like a road race tire, not the flat tread that they have shown in their proto type pictures and will not get a good wide contact patch even with low air pressure.

In short I have already ordered another MT MCR2 and will take the Metzler off when it arrives. For the money and drag racing the
Metzler SUCKS.

Back