EV vehicles

“If you don’t read the newspapers, you’re uninformed. If you do read them, you’re misinformed”.

I think government and its news outlets (also WEF government etc) is the worst enemy of humans:
Read what will happen in Germany to reduce CO2, a vital component of life:

Although we don't like it, this makes sense.....humans have to change how we conduct ourselves first and foremost....the introduction of alternative fuel sources or battery systems is only the end state......

There are bad habits that should be curbed first.....bad habits such as incessive idling of vehicles and use of drive throughs.

This sort of thing has been discussed in this thread countless times....although I won't see it in my lifetime, my kids might catch a bit of it but there will come a time when people won't own cars and either a car share program or ride share will be the prominent way......

Governments will price fuel, electrical charging, insurance, vehicle purchase cost far out of reach for the average person basically forcing them into these sharing programs....cities where public transit are available will be expanded and people there won't be able to own cars......

It's coming.....when is the only question now........

I watched a TV program last evening on BBC Earth and scientists were discussing the evolution of earth and the heat and cooling cycles it has gone through over the past tens of millions of years....where once there was a 90% life extinction event and the earth eventually cooled enough for life to begin again....

How one volcanic event can put more CO2 into the atmosphere than all of mankind has ever done.

They were also saying volcanic activity compounded with human activity further exacerbates the issue and humans have to learn to curb their use of fossil fuels or in the future, another extinction event could occur wiping us from existence.....

They did touch on EV and how the constant search for minerals and materials to both build the platform and batteries was also draining on the earth's resources.

It was a pretty interesting program.
Just remember. CO2 from volcanoes is good. CO2 from cars is bad.

Along these lines there was a piece here on the big lie recycling has been. Particularly plastics. It was actually presented as the whole idea of recycling was a way to sell more plastics. I think it was shown something like 5% of plastics get recycled. But the "feel good" the consumer has thinking it's recycled, causes them to buy more plastics.

I watched a TV program last evening on BBC Earth and scientists were discussing the evolution of earth and the heat and cooling cycles it has gone through over the past tens of millions of years....where once there was a 90% life extinction event and the earth eventually cooled enough for life to begin again....

How one volcanic event can put more CO2 into the atmosphere than all of mankind has ever done.

They were also saying volcanic activity compounded with human activity further exacerbates the issue and humans have to learn to curb their use of fossil fuels or in the future, another extinction event could occur wiping us from existence.....

They did touch on EV and how the constant search for minerals and materials to both build the platform and batteries was also draining on the earth's resources.

It was a pretty interesting program.
Both my children, on masters studies, are disgusted over academics and especially RESEARCHERS ready to write and support ANYTHING eligible to obtain a sponsorship.
Useless also to examine who owns the press ..

Both my children, on masters studies, are disgusted over academics and especially RESEARCHERS ready to write and support ANYTHING eligible to obtain a sponsorship.
Useless also to examine who owns the press ..
I kind of disagree........information is our there and it is being presented and not always for some sort of profit or sponsorship....as in the case with the program I watched on BBC Earth.....they were just presenting facts not some sort of narrative.

In this way of thinking, we shouldn't be watching or reading anything for fear of this exact thing.....which I think is outlandish....

Sometimes too much education isn't always a good thing.

I think the ideal of EV's is good but when an Electric 18 wheeler can only travel one hour before stopping for a 2 hour re charge. So 8 hour of actual driving results in 24 hours. We all know Diesel trucks and Container ships rule's the World and without them any economy is dead. I can't wait to see 1000's of Truckers at a Nuclear charging stations along the Interstates. So how many weeks will it take to go coast to coast ? Got a feeling the Pony Express would be faster lol.

I think the ideal of EV's is good but when an Electric 18 wheeler can only travel one hour before stopping for a 2 hour re charge. So 8 hour of actual driving results in 24 hours. We all know Diesel trucks and Container ships rule's the World and without them any economy is dead. I can't wait to see 1000's of Truckers at a Nuclear charging stations along the Interstates. So how many weeks will it take to go coast to coast ? Got a feeling the Pony Express would be faster lol.
Lots of You Tube reviews on the Tesla Semi.....this one might be by a guy who's anti-EV to start with but facts are facts.....

It appears that it can't carry very much and when it needs to be recharged, it takes a long time due to the size of it's batteries....

Lots of You Tube reviews on the Tesla Semi.....this one might be by a guy who's anti-EV to start with but facts are facts.....

It appears that it can't carry very much and when it needs to be recharged, it takes a long time due to the size of it's batteries....

Really, the only thing which surpasses fossil fuels is nuclear. Wind, hydro, solar, hydrogen, all take a lot more hassle to use and distribute. And to charge batteries with energy, we always need one of those to do the work anyway. So, in the end, really the only thing which counts is the environment.

Humans normally only make big sacrifices when they have no other options. We will have fossil fuel options for as long as the environment allows us to, and if the environment proves to behave as predicted, nations will be forced to abandon fossil fuel. It may even cause world wars, to get everyone on board.

Really, the only thing which surpasses fossil fuels is nuclear. Wind, hydro, solar, hydrogen, all take a lot more hassle to use and distribute. And to charge batteries with energy, we always need one of those to do the work anyway. So, in the end, really the only thing which counts is the environment.

Humans normally only make big sacrifices when they have no other options. We will have fossil fuel options for as long as the environment allows us to, and if the environment proves to behave as predicted, nations will be forced to abandon fossil fuel. It may even cause world wars, to get everyone on board.
A change in behavior is really the only way but we all know that will never happen........

In a world when we have the bulk of the population either not caring or unable to curb their carbon footprint, it is a challenge to effect change.

The west lives in a world of excess while other countries including the bulk of the earth's population live in poverty.......

The skies are full of carbon producing aircraft flying people all over the place for no particular reason and the seas are full of cruise ships producing huge amount of carbon just so people can vacation......and the carbon footprint of a family going on a cruise in a ship is very large.

These sorts of attitudes will never change......many of these people are the same ones that drive a block to check their mail or go to the convenience store instead of walking.

You quoted @Red05 but this could have easily been directed at myself as I concur with his thoughts on the subject...

Ever been to a country with zero recycling or any sort of waste management?
Are you talking about poor nations that can't afford to maintain dump sites? No, I have no desire to visit the third world.

Are you talking about poor nations that can't afford to maintain dump sites? No, I have no desire to visit the third world.
There are lots of countries out there with either no or very poor waste management programs.......and they are nasty places to be.....real nasty......the smell never leaves you.

Where I live we have excellent waste management programs that work.

“If you don’t read the newspapers, you’re uninformed. If you do read them, you’re misinformed”.

I think government and its news outlets (also WEF government etc) is the worst enemy of humans:
Read what will happen in Germany to reduce CO2, a vital component of life:

I read into the amazing green energy transition in Germany a few years back, they count burning woodchip as Green Sustainable Renewable energy and a decent portion of their winter needs came from it. Where did they get the woodchip, it was shipped over from the united states. Anyone with half a brain can tell that this is just total BS!

You are quite correct as far as the misinformed public goes. The German's in your article use climate goals as the reason but the real reason is that they are energy starved. Every nation that imports oil or gas has to pay for it, yes that's obvious, but the rising cost of fossil energy has become such a burden now that they have to scale back. Too many Euro leaving and not enough coming back in to balance the books. I have no doubt the Western European national leaders were quite happy to see those gas pipelines from Russia cut. They would be looking ahead a decade wondering how the hell they could afford it, now they get to blame Evil Russia for the fact people can't heat their homes. As the global oil fields deplete they don't tell the people about the fact that this will turn the world on its head, no they say you need to give up driving to save the planet.

Why the average person can't see the obvious fact that the oil age is coming to an end and accept the consequences is a mystery to me? All everyone wants to do is stick their head in the sand and hope 'they' can keep the good times rolling through magic technologies.

I kind of disagree........information is our there and it is being presented and not always for some sort of profit or sponsorship....as in the case with the program I watched on BBC Earth.....they were just presenting facts not some sort of narrative.

In this way of thinking, we shouldn't be watching or reading anything for fear of this exact thing.....which I think is outlandish....

Sometimes too much education isn't always a good thing.
True. My point is, one should always check who benefits from a certain study/text/proposal, especially if he isn't qualified to thoroughly check that theory, or clinical trial, or national statistic and so on. As an example, the section of conflicts of interests in all scientific publications...

A change in behavior is really the only way but we all know that will never happen........

The skies are full of carbon producing aircraft flying people all over the place for no particular reason ... These sorts of attitudes will never change..

It happened before our eyes just a couple of years ago. Enforced lockdowns, all cruse ships at anchor, all passenger flights grounded, personal car travel highly restricted. In China in Australia, in England, all over the world. Anytime the government wants to cut back on emissions all it needs do is find a handful of willing medical experts to sign off on the latest new variant of some dangerous disease and we're there.

True. My point is, one should always check who benefits from a certain study/text/proposal, especially if he isn't qualified to thoroughly check that theory, or clinical trial, or national statistic and so on. As an example, the section of conflicts of interests in all scientific publications...

Money, grant money, money from Government, from huge corporations that are seeking a legitimate justification for making profit.
But again, facts mean nothing to a person who has been indoctrinated their whole adult life with a certain set of beliefs. "Trust the Science" "Science based Medicine" "Science proves"

1,500 scientists lift the lid on reproducibility
Survey sheds light on the ‘crisis’ rocking research. 1,500 scientists lift the lid on reproducibility - Nature

Most scientists 'can't replicate studies by their peers' Most scientists 'can't replicate studies by their peers'

Publish-or-perish: Peer review and the corruption of science Publish-or-perish: Peer review and the corruption of science | David Colquhoun

The Effects of Corrupted Peer Reviews on Scientific Credibility
The Effects of Corrupted Peer Reviews on Scientific Credibility - Enago Academy

There are tens of thousands of reputable articles describing this corruption. Hundreds of thousand probably.

There’s far more scientific fraud than anyone wants to admit
There’s far more scientific fraud than anyone wants to admit | Ivan Oransky and Adam Marcus

lie.jpg

I know that CO2 emissions are harmless, that CFC did not harm the stratospheric ozone, that the atomic bombs were unecessarily dropped over Japan as it only had fuel for a couple of days due to the blockade, that Hitler sought alliance with the UK and that Churchill ordered the bombing of Britain to strengthen his power, that there was no pandemic, that banning high capacity magazines from lawful registered shooters won't deter terrorists and criminals, that genetically modified corn is NOT necessarily dangerous, that traces of Semitic DNA are only found to Lebanese populations, that crazy Islamists are UNABLE to first time accurately pilot large passenger planes al LOW altitude, that better than professional pilots... But I have no intention to convince anybody and I really have neither right nor authority to lecture others. I am convinced that our civilization is on the decline and it will eventually meet its end.
That is why mastering my busa is one of a few occupations I really care of!

I know that CO2 emissions are harmless, that CFC did not harm the stratospheric ozone, that the atomic bombs were unecessarily dropped over Japan as it only had fuel for a couple of days due to the blockade, that Hitler sought alliance with the UK and that Churchill ordered the bombing of Britain to strengthen his power, that there was no pandemic, that banning high capacity magazines from lawful registered shooters won't deter terrorists and criminals, that genetically modified corn is NOT necessarily dangerous, that traces of Semitic DNA are only found to Lebanese populations, that crazy Islamists are UNABLE to first time accurately pilot large passenger planes al LOW altitude, that better than professional pilots... But I have no intention to convince anybody and I really have neither right nor authority to lecture others. I am convinced that our civilization is on the decline and it will eventually meet its end.
Very cryptic........

CFCs are indeed extremely damaging to the ozone. I believe you're referring to the report on HFC 134, which replaced CFC 11 in freon, and is much less damaging, yet still damaging. 134 has been replaced again with R1234 which cools even less but does less damage as well. The rest of your rant, yeah, probably, maybe...

I read into the amazing green energy transition in Germany a few years back, they count burning woodchip as Green Sustainable Renewable energy and a decent portion of their winter needs came from it. Where did they get the woodchip, it was shipped over from the united states. Anyone with half a brain can tell that this is just total BS!
I'm probably missing the other 1/2 of my brain as well, totally brain dead over here.:poke:

Technically, as long as those wood chips did not come from deforestation in the Amazon, or another deforestation source, it is renewable energy.

Lumber used in construction actually helps the environment, as they have to manage forest programs to grow and supply lumber. Those trees planted and growing consume CO2.

In short, if you burn wood and replenish it with new trees, it is renewable energy, exactly the same as ethanol produced from a renewable source, biomas, corn, or other sources.

I'm probably missing the other 1/2 of my brain as well, totally brain dead over here.:poke:

Technically, as long as those wood chips did not come from deforestation in the Amazon, or another deforestation source, it is renewable energy.

Lumber used in construction actually helps the environment, as they have to manage forest programs to grow and supply lumber. Those trees planted and growing consume CO2.

In short, if you burn wood and replenish it with new trees, it is renewable energy, exactly the same as ethanol produced from a renewable source, biomas, corn, or other sources.
Hi. I know how to save the world. well it may work anyway KILL ALL the HUMANS.

Back