Brock's penta carbon or M4 exhaust

Akropovic did make a full single titanium header and midpipe with a carbon fiber muffler for the gen1.
I think @Kiwi Rider has one on his??

They did have a small run of gen2 versions as well, ti header with cf muffler, before going to a stainless steel header.
They also had a gen2 full dual titanium, but only available with titanium mufflers, you had to buy the cf mufflers seperate as slipons, or else get the full dual ss header, that came with cf mufflers, kind of strange how they do some things.
No, mine is not Titanium header pipes, but it is very thin walled stainless and very light.
I have the carbon muffler with ti end caps, very light and not too loud either, typical Akra.

I love my M4 exhaust because a carbon fiber muffler looks awesome and goes better with a black bike. I did want the Brocks titanium exhaust but every time I looked it was out of stock. You can't go wrong either way but honestly our bikes don't make that much more power with a full exhaust vs stock, so I can't imagine full exhaust vs full exhaust varying by more than what a dyno would vary from one run to another anyway. With the M4 I did not realize they recommend you repack the muffler (can't remember the interval) which I wasn't happy about. Also the baffle for the M4 was raspy so I took it out. Don't really like loud exhausts anymore so I just use Surefire sonic defender ep3 earplugs and makes it sound nice and deep lol

ANY muffler that has packing in it, has repacking as maintenance.
The packing material burns up over time, and the exhaust slowly gets louder.
But, it takes alot of time and miles, and isn't a hard or expensive job.
Drill the rivots, slide off the sleeve, pull off the old packing, wrap the new packing around the perforated tube, put the sleeve back on, rivot it, done.
Same as shortening a muffler.

ANY muffler that has packing in it, has repacking as maintenance.
The packing material burns up over time, and the exhaust slowly gets louder.
But, it takes alot of time and miles, and isn't a hard or expensive job.
I recall the 2 stroke days where my cans had circlips to remove the internals so that the Fiberglas baffling could be changed out periodically....

I love my M4 exhaust because a carbon fiber muffler looks awesome and goes better with a black bike. I did want the Brocks titanium exhaust but every time I looked it was out of stock. You can't go wrong either way but honestly our bikes don't make that much more power with a full exhaust vs stock, so I can't imagine full exhaust vs full exhaust varying by more than what a dyno would vary from one run to another anyway. With the M4 I did not realize they recommend you repack the muffler (can't remember the interval) which I wasn't happy about. Also the baffle for the M4 was raspy so I took it out. Don't really like loud exhausts anymore so I just use Surefire sonic defender ep3 earplugs and makes it sound nice and deep lol
Somewhere on this forum there was a thread where aftermarket exhausts were compared and I believe the gains weren't huge by going with them-10 hp or so...it's the combination of exhaust, filter, tuning and weight loss that makes the most gains.

But the gain of a decent sound is the key to it all...

I am a big fan of Yoshimura and am surprised the full system on my bike is not only light but isn't obnoxious....when at low RPMs that is......if I get on the throttle it gets nasty though so perfect for running around town and not drawing attention to myself....

if you aren’t racing or have a stock bike, you are splitting hairs with full exhaust system hp #s. both full systems will make more than stock. the shorter the exh, the louder it will probably be but both will sound better than stock. go with the system you think looks better or if money is an issue go with the one you get a better price.
Thank you.

Yep, packing doesn't last as long in a 2-stroke as it does a 4-stroke(the burnt oil in the exhaust), and the older types of materials didn't last as long as what we have available now.
I recall being able to order complete repack kits...I had a Micron on one bike and a DG on another...

I sure miss that sound...the "snap, crackle and pop"

Somewhere on this forum there was a thread where aftermarket exhausts were compared and I believe the gains weren't huge by going with them-10 hp or so...it's the combination of exhaust, filter, tuning and weight loss that makes the most gains.

But the gain of a decent sound is the key to it all...

I am a big fan of Yoshimura and am surprised the full system on my bike is not only light but isn't obnoxious....when at low RPMs that is......if I get on the throttle it gets nasty though so perfect for running around town and not drawing attention to myself....
I have thought about getting Yoshimura for the bike.

Brocks CT

Screenshot_20230712_102057_Instagram.jpg

Just out of interest. . . Does that bike have ANY suspension travel at all??
The front end looks bottomed out.
I can see it has a brocks lowering strap on the front, but the rear shock, is it shortened on the piston stroke using an internal spacer…. combined with a shorter and stiffer spring?
Yes the bike is just the way i like it with some suspension travel on the front and the rear shock and spring are oem just a minnor adjustments for drag street racing. Im maybe in the wrong thread i belive i posted in a exhaust thread not in a suspension one sorry guys

I would’ve went Brock’s CT if they were available for Gen3 bikes back then and not having to shim this or use this wire trickery on the O2 sensors….
Sucks cause they look and perform so good in my opinion.
I ordered my Arata because the CT Meg had so many strings attatched like that. I’m kinda glad I have the Arata cuz it is more unique, but I’ll always have that regret in the back of my head.

Just out of interest. . . Does that bike have ANY suspension travel at all??
The front end looks bottomed out.
I can see it has a brocks lowering strap on the front, but the rear shock, is it shortened on the piston stroke using an internal spacer…. combined with a shorter and stiffer spring?
You can get them low low without giving up crazy amounts of suspension. I have 2” of travel in the front (3.5” from the bottom of the fairing to the ground, 1.75” front fender to nose fairing and the new fender bracket I ordered will move that a little over 2”) my bike is resprung for it thought. I also have a strap but use it just to hold the sag, I don’t need to yank it lower than it is. I have a Penske shock in the rear that has shorter travel, but I’ve never bottomed it out from what I know. I ride street and roll race.

IMG_3570.jpeg

I would’ve went Brock’s CT if they were available for Gen3 bikes back then and not having to shim this or use this wire trickery on the O2 sensors….
Sucks cause they look and perform so good in my opinion.
just add the bung to the exhaust for the 2nd o2. no trickery, i did it to my brock’s.

You can get them low low without giving up crazy amounts of suspension. I have 2” of travel in the front (3.5” from the bottom of the fairing to the ground, 1.75” front fender to nose fairing and the new fender bracket I ordered will move that a little over 2”) my bike is resprung for it thought. I also have a strap but use it just to hold the sag, I don’t need to yank it lower than it is. I have a Penske shock in the rear that has shorter travel, but I’ve never bottomed it out from what I know. I ride street and roll race.

View attachment 1668687
Your bike looks stellar......

.....and how are you doing in the roll races? Is your bike competitive?

I've seen more than a few videos of set up Gen 3s getting blown away by liter bikes......it'd be nice to hear a success story.

Back