Almost ready to sell it man I'm telling you this bike is pissing me off

2002 FALCON

Registered
2002 Hayabusa bought from a 51-year-old original owner who never raised it never beat on it and actually stored it inside his house in the winter. It only had 15,000 miles on it. Right around the time I hit 22,000 miles I would start to get this revving incident. Let me describe full throttle first gear perfect full throttle second gear about halfway up the RPMs I would get a zing as if you just flash the clutch lever for a microsecond and then it would pull normal through all other gears. Now it's doing this thing randomly in third sometimes at 4th sometimes if I just roll into the throttle. I have a new clutch I have the clutch mod from Carpenter installed fresh oil change rebuilt the slave cylinder rebuilt the master cylinder let everything out perfectly. It's still doing it. Why is it that I searched until my fingers bled and I can't find one person to give a concrete answer as to what fixes this? Thank you all in advance.

Sounds like you have just about done everything to correct it...

We can rule out the transmission, the clutch MC, the slave and push rod, clutch and bad oil....what's next?

Do you have stock or aftermarket levers? Maybe the MC plunger is sticking a little or the lever is not coming out all the way which is engaging the clutch slightly?

Don't know, just scratching my head with you....

The crazy part is it just has to be something simple...

Sounds like you have just about done everything to correct it...

We can rule out the transmission, the clutch MC, the slave and push rod, clutch and bad oil....what's next?

Do you have stock or aftermarket levers? Maybe the MC plunger is sticking a little or the lever is not coming out all the way which is engaging the clutch slightly?

Don't know, just scratching my head with you....

The crazy part is it just has to be something simple...
Yes aftermarket levers but it did it before and why would levers make a difference when I got the master cylinder rebuild it came with a new plunger too.

Power commander?
TRE?
Aftermarket parts, exhaust, airbox mods, anything?
When I got the bike last year it was bone stock except for a Yoshimura header and muffler. I since did a carpenter tune on the dyno, airbox mod new spark plugs cuz the other ones were shot so bad it wouldn't even idle or run right it has been doing this since I got it even When it was completely stock. And it's very random. Riding normal it's completely normal under a load it'll do it maybe and second gear maybe in third gear, you can even do it while you're rolling into the throttle hard it'll start to get into the part where it's really pulling and it'll do that zingy slip for a split second

If the levers don't fit correctly/are not made to correct specs, then the clutch switch could be momentarily kill the engine, or cause electrical gremlins.
Do you know anyone with an 02-07 Busa that would swap ecu's with you to test that yours is working as it should?

Three or so bikes ago, I had a Suzuki.
Thing looked and ran fine. Could ride for hours without any problems.
But, when in 2nd gear, if I gave it a snap wot, it would pull hard, then do a micro slip thing, then keep pulling.
Only in second gear and only under wot. If I wound it out gradually, no issues at all.

Turned out to be a 2nd gear problem in the box. This after going through every conceivable thing that may be the cause. Not saying yours is, just my experience.

Wish I had something useful to tell you other than I have an annoying clutch issue I can't figure out also. This is on a car, but if I shift under 3k RPM the clutch acts completely normal. If I shift at a higher RPM the clutch loses pressure and barely comes off the floor. Clutch never slips, but hydraulics always lose pressure. Replace master, slave and all lines in between them. Pulled the trans and inspected the clutch and pressure plate and they look brand new. I'm stumped and have searched everywhere for an answer.

Wish I had something useful to tell you other than I have an annoying clutch issue I can't figure out also. This is on a car, but if I shift under 3k RPM the clutch acts completely normal. If I shift at a higher RPM the clutch loses pressure and barely comes off the floor. Clutch never slips, but hydraulics always lose pressure. Replace master, slave and all lines in between them. Pulled the trans and inspected the clutch and pressure plate and they look brand new. I'm stumped and have searched everywhere for an answer.
My mustang did that at high RPMs and replacing the line with a braided one fixed the problem. I guess while doing aggressive clutch pedal dumps, the line would collapse and pedal would stay on the floor.

My mustang did that at high RPMs and replacing the line with a braided one fixed the problem. I guess while doing aggressive clutch pedal dumps, the line would collapse and pedal would stay on the floor.
I replaced the line already, but I did use a stock rubber hose because it has a weird quick disconnect in it that is actually pretty nice to have. I may have to try a braided line but I will have to pull the trans to put it on. There is a lot of extra heat in there from an engine swap so that may play a role in it also. Worth a shot though next time I take it apart.

ok here is my $0.001 worth , the clutch master cylinder has 2 ports. ( primary and secondary). the smallest one is about 0.3 mm ( not sure in thousand of inches ). but very small any partial restriction or blockage. slows the release of pressure after releasing the clutch. unless you really blow out or probe this port you are not certain it is unrestricted —— i have written of this and put up some photos in another post i probe the port with a strand of copper wire , and blow it with compressed air bikes that sit for long periods are very prone to this restriction. there that’s my random thoughts
cheers from Australia

the tread by J August 2020. covers the problem he had , not quite the same as yours , but similar. and checking the port is not too difficult
as the other post discusses. the shield can be bent to get at the port
1656496503786.jpeg

If the levers don't fit correctly/are not made to correct specs, then the clutch switch could be momentarily kill the engine, or cause electrical gremlins.
Do you know anyone with an 02-07 Busa that would swap ecu's with you to test that yours is working as it should?
YES but his is an 06 and does this too, we traded bikes and we BOTH felt it on each others lolol

Back