What is the definition of a real hard running streetable take anywhere busa?

Nah.... the 14R ain’t going nowhere. Despite my disdain for Cowasaki it’s not a bad bike it just pales in comparison to the Busa IMO.

The thing you gotta remember is the Busa and 14R cater to a select demographic of riders. If your over 6”2 and north of 250lbs you ain’t fitting on no H2!!! Or any sportbike for that matter EXCEPT a Busa and 14R. There’s a lot of big boys out there that like to go fast on 2 wheels. Aside from the fast part that’s why Harley still sells bikes..... Those Asian and Euro bikes are built for people of smaller stature. So if your a big guy and wanna be comfortable on 2 wheels and possibly carry a passenger your options are limited.

That’s probably another reason why the adventure bike market has upticked. Most of the guys I see getting off Africa Twins and KTM Adventures are well over 6ft
I rode a buddy's gixxer 750 last year. Great bike, powerful and flickable, looks good. Wayyy too physically small for me. Sport bikes keep getting smaller, lighter, more powerful and less comfortable. I agree, the Busa and 14 aren't going anywhere. The 14r is every bit as good a bike as a gen 2, better in some regards like brakes and engine. The Busa has far more aftermarket support, and for that reason I think it's the superior platform.

Here's an equally flawed one...for your viewing pleasure. What amazes me is a bike like the Hayabusa with a 20+ yr old design still makes the list...a testament of what Suzuki is capable of..now they (Suzuki) needs to get off their arses and get on with a Gen 3 street dominance bike.

star wars on the freeway when it's called for lol.

giphy.gif

A super charger would be best all around. As when it come into boost it’s not going to be hard hitting like the turbo could be.

A supercharger hits way harder then a turbo. Big difference is the power is more linear.

@Boosted Cycle Perf So what does a streetable supercharged bike cost. Also is it better to go Gen 1 for the supercharger too?

Gen2 is always a better idea for boost.

They come in at right around $5k, so right on par with most stage 1 turbo kits.

I really like the idea of supercharging , something like what @bigdev has , a real nice 300hp build , that he was updating even further last I heard to 500hp+ . I am re thinking a lot of things for my future Busa plans , I have stalled all progress forward until I decide . I had a supercharge pre injection Gixxer , and although that was a bit of a nightmare .. , these new types are in another world from that .

I really like the idea of supercharging , something like what @bigdev has , a real nice 300hp build , that he was updating even further last I heard to 500hp+ . I am re thinking a lot of things for my future Busa plans , I have stalled all progress forward until I decide . I had a supercharge pre injection Gixxer , and although that was a bit of a nightmare .. , these new types are in another world from that .
ure biggest problem is gonna be finding someone to tune it well/set it up... guaranteed.... even the great tuners here are limited, unless ure one of those guys that's gonna "street tune" it.... ask moko how he is doing.... or even busakiller about his issues….. forced induction in bikes is a science I think....

ure biggest problem is gonna be finding someone to tune it well/set it up... guaranteed.... even the great tuners here are limited, unless ure one of those guys that's gonna "street tune" it.... ask moko how he is doing.... or even busakiller about his issues….. forced induction in bikes is a science I think....
Yes , I think someone game enough to put together what I buy , and then they tune it , is going to be the tricky part . I am going to sus it out , it is coming winter now , so going to sit back , also the AU $ is going to potentially tumble in the longer term , I believe , so see what happens there .

I think for street use, I think most would hate a 500hp blower set up. The volume of air you’d have to vent for it to be able to cruise and idle properly would be very loud. The 40mm bypass valve I had to put on the 300hp bking would probably be borderline too annoying for a lot of guys. I liked it.

Set up is definitely key. And best thing I did was not Ignore TTS ‘s way of setting up and tuning the kit. Lucky for me, the owner of the bike trusted my input on the changes we made. It’s a great running bike now, and he enjoys the hell out of it.

Sometimes I think it is more of a black art

I think for street use, I think most would hate a 500hp blower set up. The volume of air you’d have to vent for it to be able to cruise and idle properly would be very loud. The 40mm bypass valve I had to put on the 300hp bking would probably be borderline too annoying for a lot of guys. I liked it.

Set up is definitely key. And best thing I did was not Ignore TTS ‘s way of setting up and tuning the kit. Lucky for me, the owner of the bike trusted my input on the changes we made. It’s a great running bike now, and he enjoys the hell out of it.
For me , 260-300 hp would be more than adequate ... I would like it to be enjoyable , so has to be reliable on the street , and packed with more grunt than a pig farm !!

I must say I appreciate your informative posts on this thread. I'm learning a lot and maybe thinking about the busa's 15th anniversary!

Back