Well, I have 10 days with just me and the Busa

I'd be leaving from Milwaukee. June 12-20 is my plan so far. I really don't wanna iron butt any part of my relaxing 10 day vacation. :laugh:

Also, if I did CO, etc, I'd only ride S. Dakota/Minnesota/Nebraska/Iowa once. I'd either come home that way or leave that way. I'd go somehow back through like St. Louis or something to come home. I can't take that horrible stretch twice in one trip.

Looks like a lot of highway miles.

Where are the twisty back roads? ???

But it's your ride so if that looks good to you - go for it.

That's just a random map. I'm not gonna spend the time to plan out every back road I plan to ride, just giving me a point and shoot Google map for now.

That's just a random map. I'm not gonna spend the time to plan out every back road I plan to ride, just giving me a point and shoot Google map for now.

I'd give this map a shot...

BotsMap.jpg

That's a fine outline, but there's no way I'd come all the way out here and ride Interstate 15 from Idaho Falls to the Highway 20 Junction south of Beaver... same for I-40 from Flag to Albuquerque. I wouldn't even ride north/south in Utah. The Wasatch Front (Tremonton to Payson) is a congested mess. The route excludes the National Parks. You mentioned it's just a rough draft, but it's missing all the good stuff.

What are the main attractions you plan to hit? Are you more interested in fun roads, or great scenery, or spectacular destinations?

...there's no way I'd come all the way out here and ride Interstate 15 from Idaho Falls to the Highway 20 Junction south of Beaver... same for I-40 from Flag to Albuquerque. I wouldn't even ride north/south in Utah...

That sounds a little harsh, as I read it back to myself. That was not the intent (and I can't edit the post). Sorry about that.

I would focus on a few roads you really want to hit, or a few sites you really want to see, and sort of build the trip around those. As I review this rough draft, the 2 focal points that stand out to me initially are the sections around Montana, and Southern Utah. On the front end of the mid-section of the trip, I'd suggest Bear Tooth Pass in Montana, along with Yellowstone (if you've never been there). On the bottom section of Utah, I'd certainly focus on the trifecta: Zion, Bryce, and Grand (North Rim). Those 3 parks are within a day's journey of each other.

Well after reading some ride reports, I've come to the conclusion that WEST is the way I'm going to go. I'll start working on more of a route sometime soon.

:beerchug:

I'd be leaving from Milwaukee. June 12-20 is my plan so far. I really don't wanna iron butt any part of my relaxing 10 day vacation. :laugh:

Also, if I did CO, etc, I'd only ride S. Dakota/Minnesota/Nebraska/Iowa once. I'd either come home that way or leave that way. I'd go somehow back through like St. Louis or something to come home. I can't take that horrible stretch twice in one trip.

If you happen to come through Nebraska, let me know and I'd meet up for a meal.

No :down:

Starting to get excited though. Just about to start to get my route in order. ;)

Have a few plans/routes in mind, as departure date draws near, check the weather and see which one looks most appealing :)

Best part about a road trip like this - you aren't answering to anyone and you do what you want! :woot:

I wish you good luck and a safe ride on your vacation journey. Hopefully on one of your next trips, you'll come out to NY to meet the nicest (and fastest) Busa riders. Take plenty of pics and post them throughout your trip or certianly when you get back.

Jim

Well, I'm 8 days away. The bike is getting a full service tonight and sorting out some head bearing issues I believe I have. Hopefully a re-torque of the steering head does the trick. Then a complete once-over and a "shakedown" ride this weekend will mean I'm ready to leave next Friday.

This will probably be my "rough" route to get out to Colorado and to get back home. I could take 70 home instead of 80, not sure there. So just getting to CO and back kills 6 of my days, so I'll have 3-4 days to ride wherever I want once I get out there. We'll see. I haven't "officially" planned anything, so a Canada or East Coast trip isn't out of the question.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mil...22b5417b84!2m2!1d-87.9064736!2d43.0389025!3e0

Still starting to get ready, nerves kickin' in, etc. Can't wait!

Best advice is the same thing you do every time you ride - HAVE FUN, stay away from the idiots at all times, HAVE FUN and stay away from the idiots...

That might rule out heading east :rofl:

Actually, that might rule out heading west :whistle:

Hrmmm...might want to just go with plan C and put 4000 miles on your Connie in the garage...just sayin'

Did you buy a Busa for this trip? :hide:

Back