Obama issues executive privilege over 'fast and furious' documents.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Obama asserts executive privilege on Fast and Furious documents - CNN.com

Just one more example of how 'they' are better than you and I.
Had any of us let a weapon wind up in the hands of criminals who killed federal agents we'd be crucified but since the ATF was 'in charge' they will walk again. Ruby Ridge, Waco and now this. How many more times will the govt continue protecting this dept? How many more times will the American populace accept the practices of ATF? I do believe though that any president democrat or republican would be doing the same. It is just an effort to cover up the horrible truth once again.

libertytree.jpg

Remember, this is the same President, that as candidate said would have "more openness and full disclosure than anyone has ever had".....yeah right...he claimed executive privelege because Congress was filing a Contempt citation on Eric Holder"...Although he may have just messed up, because Executive Privilege means HE HAD DIRECT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE.....which the connection had yet to be made....

Remember, this is the same President, that as candidate said would have "more openness and full disclosure than anyone has ever had".....yeah right...he claimed executive privelege because Congress was filing a Contempt citation on Eric Holder"...Although he may have just messed up, because Executive Privilege means HE HAD DIRECT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE.....which the connection had yet to be made....

This is correct, for Obama to have the privilege means he knew about it, and he has already claimed to not have known. So, I expect this to be denied by Supreme Court.

Today or tomorrow should be the ruling on Obamacare....

I don't want this to turn into an Obama bashing session and get locked.
That is why I said republican or democrat would have done same.
Please keep it civil.

It does just smack in the face of justice when the govt continues to cover up federal mess ups.

Maybe Mitt should pick Alan West as his running mate, would take the air completely out of Obama's sail....

Why, you ready for another 4 more years?
I'm depressed when I say that I don't think Romney has a chance.

I'd be most happy to take that bet! :cheerleader:

From the performance of this administration over the past three years, why would anyone expect anything different? I suspect that Eric Holder is simply following orders from the White House. Which makes me very suspicious that the white house has something to hide. I hope I'm wrong and we may never know, but it doesn't look good.

Ok Tuf. I'll challenge the old geezer as your sig says. :)
I'll bet ONE DOLLAR, simple wager. I'll even take it to the beach for you before I mail it :)

[1] Mitt Romney on Gun Control

[2] PolitiFact | Did Mitt Romney flip-flop on gun control?

[3] Mitt Romney - Gun Owners Of America

The more you read about Romney, the less difference there is between him and Obama. Both bought and paid for by the corporations.

Here is a video that explains why Romney does not want to discuss his time as governor of Massachusetts. This is some scary stuff:

It continues to amaze me that Romney is the best the GOP can do for a candidate.

I mean, come on... really? This is the best they got.... really?! :dunno:

It is the most sad statement of the republican party that he is the one they think can win.
Sad sad sad.....

All Herman Cain had to was offer one free pizza for every vote and he would have won easy.

It is sad, but it's still a better choice than the current President and his party!

Agreed, looks like it's been used often over the years.

By The Associated Press
President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege for the first time Wednesday. He applied the presidential power to withhold documents a House committee is seeking in an investigation of a flawed gun-smuggling probe called Operation Fast and Furious.

Presidents have the right to invoke executive privilege to preserve the confidentiality of information and documents in the face of legislative inquiries. The White House says presidents have asserted that privilege 25 times since 1980.

Here's a look at how many times each president since Ronald Reagan has asserted executive privilege:

-President Barack Obama: 1

-President George W. Bush: 6

-President Bill Clinton: 14

-President George H.W. Bush: 1

-President Ronald Reagan: 3

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

Back