Who really cares.

newman

Registered
There's been a lot of talk lately about the new Kawasaki, my point is in practical terms does it really matter, or is it all down to bragging rights.

For me personally, I don't care about 1/4 mile times, 0-60 times, 0-100 times, dyno numbers, etc, but that's just me.
Top speed don't matter, because we're all limited on that, stock of course.

Now we're always saying be responsible on the roads, so if a new Kawasaki fly's past us on the road are we going to race it, try to race one from the lights, if fact drive dangerously. Lets be honest very few of us are going to use all the power of these bikes anyway.

If Kawasaki riders want to brag, let them, I want to ride a Busa, but each to their own.

Don't get me wrong, I love all that power at my finger tips, but a B-King or a 1250 Bandit would suit my needs just as well. I'm a big guy and would look silly on a 1000cc bike.

Lets be honest here, how many of you would get a Kawasaki, just to say they had the faster bike.

Again don't get me wrong, if I had the money, I'd get the Kawasaki, but I would also get the BMW 1000, B-King, a Triumph, a Royal Enfield, a Harley, every bike I like, but that is because I love bikes.

When people ask me about the Busa, I tell them it's one of the fastest bikes on the road.
And yes I would like a Gen III Busa to come out, but not just because it's faster.

Being king of the hill isn't something I worry about either, it wasn't a factor when I bought mine.

Me either, I dont care. I didnt buy my bike because it was the fastest ever produced. I purchased my bike because I love the look and feel of it. I also purchased my bike before I found this site. Now would I race a kawi? No, I dont care. If I get goaded by another rider on the street, I just smile my butt off in my helmet because I know what my bike will do and I dont have to prove it to anyone. The only bikes I ride fast with are other members of this board who I trust wholeheartedly. Besides, I strictly adhere to the speed limit.

I don't care, wonder if the Guys on the ZX14 forum are as paranoid, or even if the Busa gets as much of a mention as the ZX14 does on the oRg. ???

Lets be honest here, how many of you would get a Kawasaki, just to say they had the faster bike.

Some buy it because of the looks, some will buy it because of the speed. No matter what the reason, as long as you get what you want... then you're right, who really cares? Different strokes for different folks. I'm not going to lie, I bought the Hayabusa not just because I love the aesthetics, but also because it is the... erm, or was... the fastest and the baddest. It's just a cool thing to lay claim to EVEN IF you never go faster than 80MPH on the thing. There was a point in time when I had 8 points on my license and monthly insurance quotes were at $1000+ for just one car. I have no desire to race anyone on the street and risking my now clean record (in addition to my life), nor do I want to embarrass myself and go on the track. I've grown a slight bias towards Suzuki, so just like most Suzuki fans, I wish they'd come out with a Gen III so the Hayabusa name can still have that banner of being at the top, but from the looks of things that unfortunately won't happen for a while.

I'm sure I'm not the only Busa owner who used that as a major factor in purchasing the bike, which is why there are topics about the ZX-14R on these forums because a lot of Busa owners are interested in having the "best." I am actually getting a ZX-14R for that very reason because I do have the money. I am thinking of selling the Busa come Spring time or maybe I'll keep it because I do love the bike, not really sure yet. Once a Gen III comes out and it gets to the top again, then yeah, I'll jump back on the the Suzuki saddle in a heartbeat.

You know instead of hating this bike,give kawi props for having the balls to release something like this.the manufacturers seam to be stuck in that 160 to 175hp range for quite a while now.this thing smashes right through that range.I think right now,because of its heavy industries, kawi is the only one of the big 4 that has the money to developed a bike like this.just look atvthe zx10 compared to the other litre bikes.and anybody that has ever driven a 14 knows it is a big pussycat on the road till you want it to be an animal.

Any bike that does kahuna shrinking speeds out of the box and capable of 200mph with a couple bolt ons can share the throne in my book.

Still nice to be on top while it lasts, but there's always going to be someone/something bigger, badder, and faster come along sooner or later.

Now they just gotta pay for more tires like we do :moon:

If no one really cares then why does this thread exist? Everyone likes to have bragging rights, if we didn't then why do we watch college football or any other sport? I too have no desire to race the Kawi but I also hate to see the king dethroned. I just hope the Hayabusa can maintain all the records it holds until Suzuki comes out with the GenIII...

For me personally, I don't care to the point where I need to replace my Busa with one. My bike has plenty of power for me and I like it a lot.

I am however impressed with Kawasaki's no compromise approach to building this new bike, and what they have done. It is a really impressive bike.

Anyone who says " I bought the hayabusa because its a great all around bike, that power when I need it" is LYING!! most owners are men and you know we stop maturing at about 18 years old.

I bought the hayabusa because ... its BAD ASS. the attention this bike gets, I fell like signing autographs when I'm out. I love people saying "how fast have you had it?" When you tell a non rider you have a zx-14, 1000rr,1198.. you have a what???. You tell them you have a HAYABUSA. Their jaw drops and "you got a mother f-ing hayabooza" " my cousin has one and he did 230mph" blah,blah,blah

Hayabusa is a legend and that's why I got mine. I dint care if they don't handle, not the fastest, only a posser bike.

Hells Bells, I can't use the HP I have. Coming off the corners the fat chick either spins the tire or lifts the front. More HP would only make the beast harder to manage. I'd much prefer an upgrade in suspension vs increased HP! :beerchug:

Anyone who says " I bought the hayabusa because its a great all around bike, that power when I need it" is LYING!! most owners are men and you know we stop maturing at about 18 years old.

I bought the hayabusa because ... its BAD ASS. the attention this bike gets, I fell like signing autographs when I'm out. I love people saying "how fast have you had it?" When you tell a non rider you have a zx-14, 1000rr,1198.. you have a what???. You tell them you have a HAYABUSA. Their jaw drops and "you got a mother f-ing hayabooza" " my cousin has one and he did 230mph" blah,blah,blah

Hayabusa is a legend and that's why I got mine. I dint care if they don't handle, not the fastest, only a posser bike.

Love it Brother :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ill be honest. Before I had my busa I had a Bandit 1250. Plenty of power. A friend of mine had a busa and kept telling me to try one out bc of the comfort for us bigger guys. I found one and bought it and was getting excited bc of the power,but when I got it i love the handling and comfort more than anything else.

I bought a Hayabusa because it's a great all around bike.

NM1U8113.jpg

I'm not happy that Kawi upped the till, but I'm extremely happy with my Busa. And I did buy my '06 because of performance and my '08 likewise

Back