Patriotism

afterhours

Registered
a man once said " ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country".

so now its the year 2010, I hear lots of complaints and lots of anger...but few real solutions.

So I ask you all.....

What are you doing for this country, we all love so much?

I put on my uniform everyday and go to work to do what I can to keep this country safe for all to enjoy.

I employ 10 people that contribute daily to our economy.
I pay proportionately more in taxes than I cost my government, therefore I am a funding source for the government.

Aside from military service, I can't imagine doing much more than being a driving force for our economic engine.

Last edited:
I did what badazgtp does.
I do what Vonderbach does (but more like 80) and I pay MY taxes
I am not a drain on my government.
I don't break the law (except speeding maybe :)
I don't do drugs.

I am in the process of trying to get back into the Army or the AirForce. I have to wait and see if I will be accepted back in.

I put on my uniform and go to work each night. I help to manage and direct the defensive strategy of about 200 Federal Nuclear Security Officers, while protecting the eastern United States from radiological terrorism.

I am a good citizen who votes, pays taxes, obeys the law, and helps others where I can.

I love the United States of America! :usa:

This is what I choose to do....

DSC_0017.jpg

I am working on a new facility for the Warrior Transition Unit at Bethesda National Naval Medical Center. We are fast tracking the design and construction and its a real pain in the butt.

But every time I visit the site and see another soldier in a chair or limping around on crutches, and I am full of energy and re-committed to doing the best facility possible for the greatest men and women in the country.

I put on a uniform for 10 years
I now work to keep them all safe
I pay my taxes
I shop to help the economy locally and nationally
:cheerleader::thumbsup:

I do charity / volunteer events

I am working,...paying taxes,....supporting my family,.....helping those who need, as I can,.....trying to enstill pride in our Country to my friends and family in the hopes of keeping it safe and a place that my daughters will be safe when I am dead and gone.

What about you?

For the last 10yrs I have been contracting for the military and doing my best to supply our best with the best..

:beerchug: guys....I sleep better at night knowing voulnteers and not conscripts are securing my homefront..

:bowdown: I cannot thank you enough...

Right back at thread starter...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE THIS GREAT NATION GREATER...???:poke:

I'm Canadian, but I try to help y'all out by drinking as much Budweiser as I can.

:beerchug:

cheers
ken

I put on my uniform everyday and go to work to do what I can to keep this country safe for all to enjoy.

Same here, been doing it now for the past 22 years. Looking forward to doing it for 8 more years :cheerleader:

P.S. The very first thing I did before I even set foot on this great nation was to take the oath below:

I, ROMEO P. INSIGNE, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Last edited:
I'm Canadian, but I try to help y'all out by drinking as much Budweiser as I can.

:beerchug:

cheers
ken

Well Ken Bud is no longer American as it was sold to the Belgians a while back .
Just drink Stella and you will feel better cuz then you will be drinking real beer !

Back