Tales of a Road Trip (Travelogue)

I'd like to ask for a moment of silence as we remember Arnold.

RIP, Arnold.

Okay.

After we got blown all over Oklahoma (it was particularly windy that day), we headed back to CAp's, and James got ready to rail for Tulsa...

Great finally getting to ride with you, James.

Glad you could avail and we pulled it together.

:beerchug:

Scar & James.jpg

James Taking Off.jpg

So, after a little respite, we got ready and headed out to Hideaway for Pizza with an enhanced crew.

Mark (Mojo), his daughter, Uncle Steve with his wife and son, Professor, CAp & Mrs. Cap, Terry (a friend of CAp's) and I had a great time.

Fantastic food and great conversation...not a picture to share, however. Sorry.

Another late night hot-tubbing with a couple shots of our friend The 'meister)--just the thing to wind-down a great day of riding and socializing...

Sweet write-up and pics, Scar! Man, I wish I could somehow combine work with the pleasure of meeting fellow .orgsters.

The next morning, I was off, yet again, after fond 'so-long's' in Oklahoma, heading toward Wag's place in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho, NM.

I rolled up just on schedule. Wag and I went out for dinner at a great New Mexican place called Casa de Benavidez.

Fantastic food and great atmosphere.

I had a hard time choosing what to eat...:whistle:

I didn't, however, have a difficult time figuring out what to drink... :rofl:

2010-04-02 20_08_53 Bug-Free Water.jpg

Scar 2.jpg

2010-04-02 19_43_52 Wag at Dinner 1.jpg

Scar 1.jpg

We spent an enjoyable evening together, with NanWags (wife of Wag) and Fred, her father, listening to Wag entertain us with classical piano.

Very, very nice! I'm honored that you'd do that for me, Wag. What a great friend.

I'm glad to have been able to meet you, as well, and look forward to our planned weekend-excursion in to the NM twisties. An introduction for me, to be sure.

:cheerleader:

Thank you for everything! I really enjoyed myself at your place.

Scar & Wag.jpg

2010-04-03 07_44_19 My Rig at Wag's Place.jpg

Last edited:
So, as it was...a fantastic trip.

Opportunities to grip the hands of people I've only corresponded with on-line over these couple of years...getting together and looking you in the eyes, smiling with the history of our interactions, and hugging brothers and sisters.

Who could ask for more?

For everything everyone has done for and with me during this two-week period, one of you clearly stands out as someone who deserves a very special thanks.

Mojo...my brother...

Words cannot describe how lucky I am to know you.

Twice now, you've given me the key to your 'bus so that I can participate in riding activities when I come to Oklahoma to visit. I don't think I need to say any more than that for others to see the depth of your generosity and the lengths you went to--to ensure that I enjoyed myself there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It hardly seems enough, but it's the best that can be said at this time.

One day, I will be able to respond in-kind when you come to San Diego and I take you through all the SoCal mountains on whichever of my 'busas you choose. I know it's not a requirement, but it'd be my honor.

Until then, though...THANK YOU.

Man of the Hour... :beerchug:

Mark (Mojo).jpg

So, over 5,000 miles in two weeks; a blue ribbon for my trade show booth, substantially enhanced product placement and distribution, and a following week meeting some awesome .oRgsters...

What a great trip.

Thank you for putting me up, and for putting up with me. :rofl:

:love:

You guys rock! :beerchug:

For Callie at PPN.jpg

Glad to hear that everything went really well for you Scar! Thanks for sharing the pics with all of us. :thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Great to see you again Scar. Glad you made it home safely. Epic road trip:thumbsup:

Looks like you had a great trip! I wish I would have known you were comming through my neck of the woods, I would have joined you at Ed"s, I live a bout a mile from Dawn and Randy in Daphne , also live in Daphne...Maybe next time.. :beerchug:

That was a story in pics. Thanks that was great. You were in my neck of the woods when you were in Pensacola Fl. Two things where did you get the Busa org lanyard and shirt. I want one. Ok who's holding out. :rulez: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Just looked over the very coiol pics Scar. Man you know how to do a road trip right! Thanks for a pick me up early morning riser! Happy Easter. Wardie

Thank you for invitation Scar, I had a blast and I hope you got to see the video of our ride!

That was a story in pics. Thanks that was great. You were in my neck of the woods when you were in Pensacola Fl. Two things where did you get the Busa org lanyard and shirt. I want one. Ok who's holding out. :rulez: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Thanks, bro!

The lanyard is available from CAp. Try looking at KingKeepsakes.com.

Otherwise, send him a PM.

There are two long-sleeve shirts seen in this thread...the black is a commemorative Busa Stampede shirt, and the white one was one I had created to complement the other Stampede gear I sold for it's inaugural year, 2009. If you're interested in getting one, please send me a PM and we'll see if I have one in your size.

Additionally, you may (MAY) find some .oRg t-shirts on KingKeepsakes.com...again, you'll have to check with Captain on that, yo.

Last edited:
Great write up Scar! It was such a great pleasure to meet you! Anytime your this way my friend you will always have a place to stay.:thumbsup:

Oh, and I forgot to warn you about the road conditions in Louisiana, my bad. They are something awful from state line to state line.

One more thing........ that orangutan scares the heck outta me!:laugh:

Back