What gear are you in?

What gear are you in?

• I am often lost - really need to have a gear indicator.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I know which gear most of the time, but gear indicator would be nice.

Votes: 144 53.3%
  • I always know, so I don't need it, unless I get it for free.

Votes: 60 22.2%
  • I have such a good feel for the bike, I wouldn't want a gear indicator, even for free.

Votes: 46 17.0%

• Total voters

IG.

Registered
Gear indicator seems like a hot item, but I am wondering whether all riders feel the need for them.

At first, I was often lost what gear I was in. Later on, I simply counted, and got lost very rarely. And even later on, I just knew what gear I was in by feel. So, know between automatic counting and the feel for the motor, I feel I really don't need the gear indicator.

What are you thoughts?

I didnt vote because you dont have an option for my opinion. I dont use it when riding in the twisties, I rely on the engine speed and feel of the bike. I use it when just tooling around town.

I'm fairly cognizant of where I am with the bike so a GI is not much use for me. Just one more idiot lite.....

Why does it matter what gear your in at any time? If you need to go faster then down shift. Engine revs getting too close to the redline or you just want to reduce revs then shift up.

Wanna go faster...... up on the shifter..... wanna slow down..... down on the shifter.

what gear really dont matter.........just my 2 cents.

the Neutral indicator is nice though....lol:laugh:

Although a gear indicator would be nice and a 6th gear light should be standard
it's not a big deal either way.

I ride daily and a couple years ago sent my gauges in to blue gauges but
I still rode without a console (for a couple weeks)...no speedo, tach, or even a neutral light...

I guess it's easier if you ride daily, you more get more in tune with your bike
additionally, gear choice for a busa is usually wide open...any gear anytime
it's just a question of how fast you want to go...superfast or downshift and
kick in the flux capacitor and go to warp.

Coming from riding and racing older FZR's which did not have any indicators...I don't need it, but GenII has it anyways. :thumbsup:

It is nice to know I am in 6th so I don't keep trying to put it in 7th but other than that I don't really pay too much attention to the gear indicator.

i want one just becuase when i'm on the highway i always seem to end in fifth not sixth and wondered why my fuel economy sucked now i know why

The only time it would benifit me is when on the interstate and needing to hammer down to move thru traffic. I have often dropped into 3rd when I thought I had bumped twice to 4 and then hammered it with some WOT. You can do that at 60 or so into 4th but do it in 3 and you are get some wide eyes and that OH SH%T feeling when you realize the steering isnt working because the front wheel isnt on the ground.

Back