Isle Of Man TT

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering how many of you watch the Isle Of Man. I always loved watching it.

Oh yeah.........The Isle of Man is my favourite place on earth.......been there a couple of times and always want to go back every year.....if you ever get the chance go there.

I and wife love watching the TT races but I can't find them on TV anymore.. Man I would love them to bring that back to the speed channel... Those guys that run in the races have some real balls, the speed and the roads are unreal!

I buy the DVD every year. Always fun to watch! It's the only REAL racing on the planet as far as I'm concerned

I try to find all the online vids of it I can. I wish it was still televised too, the onboard camera stuff is just unreal. Sooo many laps around there to memorize the course. Real road racing at it's best in my book.:thumbsup:

I can't get enough of it. I really love watching it. A co-worker and I even joked about those guys once. We were saying that those guys are drinking while on the ferry on the way to the island and then they race when they get there. Those guys are nuts, don't you think? I like the Northwest 200 also, but it's a short course.

I LOVE IT :cheerleader:! I would rather go to a TT than any other motorcycle race PERIOD ! And the Isle of Man IS THE GREATEST :beerchug: !

On the down side though, you can probably count on one hand the amount of years that someone hasn't been killed at the Isle ???

Seen it for the first time in '03, been hooked ever since. Makes all other races seem tame.
At that time a racer by the name of David Jeffies>spelling?,was the man to beat, he was amazing, I think he was killed in a crash during the '05 or '06 race. Even the vintage bikes are a jaw dropping display:thumbsup::bowdown:

It is great to watch...I watched from tv and got to see Joey Dunlop run among all the other greats. Not to much room for error, but that is also what makes it a great race.

I only have the '05 and '07 videos. I don't get tired of watching those guys. For me, it's the greatest motorcycle racing I've ever seen. My favorite part is when they make a left hand turn by this pole with a blue padding and the front end comes up because of the bump right there by the turn. Also, when they go airborne I think it's called the Balaugh bridge. Not sure how to spell it but you get the idea. And of course, the bottom of Brayhill where they go like 160 mph and then followed by two big wheelies when they come up that hill. They even go airborne on the second part of the hill.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Joey Dunlop died not too long ago, didn't he? I don't know if he had the most wins but he's up there.

Last edited:
I know what you're saying, Kento. I would love to be there too. You know, I let one of my co-workers borrow it one time, he said those guys are nuts. Have you guys seen the Northwest 200? I like it too, but it's such a very short track. I like it though, when they are so close to each other at about 195 mph. I have a DVD and there's this one race after it rained and Bruce Anstey's on this fast right hander doing about 120mph and the back end stepped out on him and he just kept going. Insane!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

just another plug for SUZUKI SUPERBIKES TT video game on ps2/ps3. It IS the full Isle of Man track, in a cycle game. The bikes control feels really good too. It's only about $10 and you can find it at many Best Buys. next best thing to being there
suzttrev2.JPG

Back