any truckdrivers on here?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
I been running on snow+ice off+on last few weeks

Most the time Im in portable gas station.

My nerves are shot I do get nervous on winter storms

were getting 6--8 snow 2day.Damm sleet was packing down on interstate 64.

Saw a jb hunt truck all way off down in woods on I64

several airbag deployment wrecks you wreck with stuff I haul you buy the farm. I only haul hazmat and liquids now.Only endorsment I dont have is doubles +I dont want them.

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

RRCa2.jpg

5 years as a driver/trainer and hauling steel coils OTR and regional..

I ran with a number of you "werner" glass trucks IN/Tenn/VA area... nice gig that is... (what are you doing on a std flat bed? thought all those glass trailers were drops or steps decks) I would rather be in a big truck any day when the weather gets nasty...

Got tanker endorsed but never pulled one.. Guessing you are home every day
smile.gif

I deal with truck drivers every day at work working in a refinery.
Hauling that butane would be bad in an accident. Ever think of relocating?

rofl.gif
gotta love their hiring requirements

Accidents in last 5 yrs up to 3
Tickets in last 5 yrs up to 3
Suspended License considered
Felonies considered
DUIs considered

You guys hurting for drivers?/ $.50M I quit and come to work for you
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Well, I'm at .45/mile, and I've got 3 years 10 months behind the wheel @ 29 years old. Started with Swift back in '02, and ran from them after 5 months. Took a year 1/2 off from driving before going to Davis Transport. Was a trainer for Davis Transport at the end, and was a trainer here after 6 months. I'm back to non-trainer now. Training sucks. Been here for 2 years as of the 28th. $62k first year, $68k this last year. I'm staying.

You know its funny that I read this thread. My buddy and I were talking today while driving to Daytona and the discussion came up about big trucks.

With all of the miles that you guys put on those trucks on a monthly basis how often do you replace the oil?
We were discussing about all of our service vehicles that are all Ford E350 diesels and we change oil every 5000 miles (that is about every 6 weeks) and that cost me company about $125 each time and I have 10 of these.

So what is the answer?

Thanks,
Jim

lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

I know it must cost you guys about $500.00 to fill up. Does these gas prices really effect you that much or does it just get pasted on to someone else?
lurk.gif

I been running on snow+ice off+on last few weeks  

Most the time Im in portable gas station.

My nerves are shot I do get nervous on winter storms

were getting 6--8 snow 2day.Damm sleet was packing down on interstate 64.

Saw a jb hunt truck all way off down in woods on I64

several airbag deployment wrecks you wreck with stuff I haul you buy the farm. I only haul hazmat and liquids now.Only endorsment I dont have is doubles +I dont want them.

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

RRCa2.jpg
Between jobs right now.

My nerves would be a little raveled driving a bomb on ice also, be careful.

Back