Do these work?????????????????????

Sometimes they help, depends on the speed of the drop. They only really save everything if the bike falls parked, other than that, you get scratches, cracks, breaks, ect.
Everyones gonna hate me now(or more:laugh:) but I think they all look like training wheels:rofl:

I have those "training wheels" and hope I do not have to find out if they work or not. IMHO, they are better than nothing for driveway slips/tip overs.

I wish i had those. i dropped the bike in the parking lot today. scratched the fairing, broke the peg, slight bend in exhaust and scratched the mirror. gonna try to buff out the fairing. Dont think im going to get it perfect. This will be my next buy. however a day late and a dollar short.

The T-Rex no cuts are very well engineered. The secret is the tie rod that goes throught to the crash bung on the oppsite side. No one can say if they work or not because there are so many variables in a crash. But they undoubtedly help in the driveway drop off the stand so that's something.

My thought is it's worth the shot it gives you at saving some damage. And I like the no cut design.

I have them on my 08, I hope never to find out if they do work. I think the term "frame sliders" is a misconception. They mite work if you lowside the bike and it slides on just one side ,but if your really in a crash you have more important things to be concerned with. For the drop in the driveway or parking lot I think they will prevent alot of damage.
:thumbsup:

I have the T-Rex and they are top notch. Tom is located here in Dallas and I have been to his shop. Everything he makes is a quality product. The frame sliders fit very well. The hardest part of the install is the faring removal. As for how they will work I don't know anyone who has dropped a bike at speed with these. In a low speed incident you will be OK. A lot of bikes get dropped in the parking lot or roll off the kick stand. I am not sure these will prevent all damage but they will keep it to a minimum.

where is the best place to pick these up?

ebay store or direct from T-REX! http://www.t-rex-racing.com/

N608.jpg

Last edited:
Have these and for the driveway crash they help but you still have damage. When trailering, they make for an additional tie down point without coming close to the fairing. Feels better installing these then drilling some holes in your $500 cowlings!

Have these and for the driveway crash they help but you still have damage. When trailering, they make for an additional tie down point without coming close to the fairing. Feels better installing these then drilling some holes in your $500 cowlings!

My frame siders are a bit short... Still scratched up my fairing in a parking lot tip over. Make sure the frame sliders stick out a decent bit or they will do no good really.. Better than nothing though i suppose

some chance is better then no chance. old saying I really like is ....
its better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it!

I have these, and I would recommend them to someone looking to keep the value of his bike up somewhat. Drilling holes might not go over well to a possible buyer of the bike if he wanted to remove them for whatever reason.
That said they are not hard to install, and like someone else said, the only challenge was to remove the fairings.
And, make sure to change your oil while your in there.

My wife put these on here 08 and it did save the fairing (mostly) from a driveway tip over. One tip, paint or powdercoat the aluminum spacers. They just stick out and look bad IMO.

I installed them last night. I asked Oscar @ T-Rex to send me a PDF file of how to install it on Gen II. If you get it, PM me your email and I'll send you the PDF.

Managed to hit a Wisconsin whitetail deer sunday. They saved my engine and the picture says the rest. 45 MPH. All the gear, all the time! Friday is surgery on my broken leg. Sprained shoulder I can live with.

P7260131.jpg

P7260129.jpg

Back