Ignition immobilizer anti theft system standard equipment ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well I have to say that everytime I read thru the service manual I see/learn something new/diff about my bike. Attached are two pages from the GenII manual. Pages 1H-1 and 1H-2. These detail the ignition immobilizer anti-theft system that is standard equipment on GenII bikes per the manual. It talks about a little indicator light right next to key hole in ignition. When you install key and turn it to on position the immobilizer antenna communicates with the key which communicates with the ecm and if all are in agreement indicator light turns on and bike will start.
It mentions if light flashes and bike will not start it may be due to radio interference in the area ????
Seems like a neat idea and being familiar with most new cars they have some sort of same thing as well.

ONLY THING IS THERE IS NO INDICATOR LIGHT ON BLANCA NEXT TO KEY ?!??? WTF

Who has a GenII with an Anti-theft immobilizer indicator light on keypad ?
Have they changed it since print on service manual ?
Without indicator light am I to assume there is no anti-theft system built into my bike or is it still there just without indicator light ?

Attachments

• Ignition immobilizer0001.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,809
Last edited:
I think they only non-US busas have this. The new 2k9 1000s have it if im not mistaken.

That's ridiculous . So what Suzi gets a kickback the INS companies in the US for not giving it to us I bet ???
Seems like more bikes get stolen here than in Europe !

European regulations for aircraft and vehicles are much more strict than in the United States.

It has nothing to do with the insurance companies, it's part of the vehicle code.

Last edited:
Regs are more strict I agree but there has to be a reason why if it is required in Europe Suzi would not give it to us here.
Now instead of having one bike suited for worldwide consumption you are saying they have diff bikes for Europe and the US ? ???
That would not make sense because our US bikes come with 45lbs worth of BS exhaust that 40 plus states dont care about ?
See they are giving us in the US a bike so plugged it will pass World/Euro standards because like Ford they like to De-content things and Homologate them so they only have to produce one instead of many.
If they cared and made diff models you could choose from Suzi would/could save millions.
How much do you think they would save if you had your choice of state approved 4into1 systems from get go instead of 45lbs worth of Euro necessities :whistle: factory equipped ?

Gotta be some MONEY IN A LOCKER SOMEWHERE.....for somebody to have made that call. Lets give them same exhaust but diff ignition systems..???

No offense meant to anyone I just don't understand why they would give Euro buyers a more theft resistant bike than US buyers. Seems like more work , parts and costs ?

Last edited:
You don't get it here because it is not required by US DOT standards and it cost more to build.

Motorcycles are built differently for the requirements of different regions. Look at the tail of a gen II. In the US the licence plate must be more upright. This is done by adding an extra bracket to make it comply with US DOT requirements. Also, the licence plate light has a spacer that moves it out an inch to comply with the different angle. The European stock tail looks better because the plate mounted flat to the spade and the licence plate light doesn't stick out as far.

So, just different requirements for different regions of the world that the manufactures must comply with.

Last edited:
That would of helped my last Busa from being stolen and saved me some money from purchasing lo Jack for the new one. It's all about the Benjamins...one way or another. I am sure there are a lot of hands in the pockets somewhere and it isn't to help the average Joe.

Mine (EU) has it

DSC03205.jpg

Can't really see the point with the imobilizer. All you need is new ecu, a pair of matching lock and keyset and you can ride any stolen bike. Heard one can get this from Poland for around $550

Can't really see the point with the imobilizer. All you need is new ecu, a pair of matching lock and keyset and you can ride any stolen bike. Heard one can get this from Poland for around $550

The imobilizer will make it a bit more difficult and costly to steel a bike, which is no point :whistle:

Hi all,

I wouldn’t worry too much about not having the SAIS (Suzuki Advanced Immobiliser System) as it’s called over here.

Case in point – my sons K6 GSXR600 which has the system was stolen from outside his workplace by local yobs who simply rode up on scooters, smashed the top yolk and defeated the steering lock, then one jumped on my sons bike while a scooter went either side and by placing a foot each on the gsxr foot pegs – simply ‘rode’ his bike away while my son attempted to chase (in a car – hopeless)

By a sheer stroke of luck, he got the bike back several days later when the thieves took it to a local bike shop due to a flat battery (it had on-going stator problems!!) and the guy in the shop rumbled them and called the police – they tried, but couldn’t get the gsxr going so had to leave it!

When we got the bike back to my garage, I was mystified as to how they had got round the immobiliser – as the original ignition barrel was now taped to the right hand fairing – and apart from a few cut wires I couldn’t see how the bike would run.
It was only when we started stripping it down a bit more and got to the ecu that all became clear – and on close inspection of the ecu case we found a little trap door that had been cut from the plastic with some black silicon sealant underneath. Pulling back the sealant revealed a small chip that was either soldered in, or changed which obviously defeated the immobiliser.

If these part-time crooks can either buy or modify the ecu themselves, then I would say that the usefulness of such a device is questionable. I’d even say that it’s more of a hassle and expense to the owner who has to worry about getting coded keysets when things go wrong, or as in my sons case, after theft.

In the end, we decided to just run ‘their’ ecu – and forget about putting the immobiliser back. The money would be better spent on physical restraints that slow them down in the first place.

B.

here is my security...just park the bike under this window and leave it open...if they manage to get it after that then send these guys after the thieves...:laugh:
btw thats me,my friend mark his grandpa and his brother in law...then my dogs mason snickers and rocky

weekend08 017.jpg

weekend08 018.jpg

weekend08 019.jpg

Attachments

• todd mob.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,189
Back