Electric shifter or Air shifter

WarBux

Registered
So I am in the process of buying my bike and have decided to either go with a shifter. Either electric or air. What are your thoughts on the following shifters?
Kliktronic Ignition Interrupt Switch and Kliktronic Electric Shifter.
mp5 kit
Pingel Electric Shifter?

I have never used an electric shifter before but I like the idea of up and down shifting plus I hear they are very fast.

Thoughts recommendations comments?

cant comment on the electric shifter

I had an airshifter with on board compressor and holding tank built into swingarm.took about 60sec with a push of a button to hold 120psi,enough for about 10 shifts.
an airshifter is ment for wot shifting and i wouldnt personally use it for anything other. personally i like shifting manually while just out for a ride.it is a motorcycle after all:whistle:

wot shifting?

This is the reason I was thinking about using an electronic shifting system. You can still shift manually obviously but you can also use the buttons.

I like shifting manually also. I got hurt back in 2007 and my leg doesnt always do what it is supposed to especially on longer rides. On my gsxr 1000 I feel like I am going to fall apart after I burn a tank of gas.

So I was thinking of getting Throttlemeisters for cruise control and a electric shifter.

Once you decide what to go with, we can help you with your order if you are willing to give us a spin...............

MPS: MPS - Tobefast

Pingel: Call for Part Numbers and Pricing Sales@tobefast.com (606) 432-1556

Fuel Tuning Computers - Shifters - Power Commanders: 99-07 Busa: Dynojet Power Commanders - Fuel Tuning Computers - Shifters - ToBeFast.com

Fuel Tuning Computers - Shifters - Power Commanders: 08-09 Busa: Dynojet Power Commanders - Fuel Tuning Computers - Shifters - ToBeFast.com

DynoJet: Dynojet - Dynjet Power Commander, Power Commander III, wide band commanders...-ToBeFast.com

Thanks, hope this helps:

Team McCoy MotorSports
ToBeFast: Motorcycle, Streetbike, Cruiser and Offroad ? Parts, Accessories and Apparel Superstore
Sales@tobefast.com
(606) 432-1556

I was also researching shifters and was considering the Pingel myself.

Well from what my friends say the Pingel is a great system. It comes with the interrupt which is a total bonus. However I am hearing great things about the Kliktronic system. It is pricey and its from england I think. I have never dealt with them so thats about all I can say.

If you get the Pingel let me know what you think. I am all but sure I am going to go with an electronic shifter.

I had a Pingel Shifter on my 2007 Busa & I never had any problems with it. You can adjust the kill on the Pingel to get the fastest desired shift point. I found it to be real reliable. They are fun to play with when you want to Rip It !!!! Just Hang on tight ! :thumbsup:

I had a Pingel Shifter on my 2007 Busa & I never had any problems with it. You can adjust the kill on the Pingel to get the fastest desired shift point. I found it to be real reliable. They are fun to play with when you want to Rip It !!!! Just Hang on tight ! :thumbsup:

Thats what I have been hearing about it. Have you ever even heard of the klicktronics?

I am thinking if no one has dealt with them I should just go with the tried and true...

Thats what I have been hearing about it. Have you ever even heard of the klicktronics?

I am thinking if no one has dealt with them I should just go with the tried and true...

Never even heard of Klicktronics , Tried & True is what I went with. I don't think you could go wrong with the Pingel ! :thumbsup:

wot shifting?

This is the reason i was thinking about using an electronic shifting system. You can still shift manually obviously but you can also use the buttons.

I like shifting manually also. I got hurt back in 2007 and my leg doesnt always do what it is supposed to especially on longer rides. On my gsxr 1000 i feel like i am going to fall apart after i burn a tank of gas.

So i was thinking of getting throttlemeisters for cruise control and a electric shifter.

wot= wide open throttle

I bought a electric pingel shifter & am very happy with it:thumbsup:.very easy to tune & performs great:cheerleader:.only negitive thing I can say is the weight of the solenoid

I like the idea of electric but the $$ is pretty breath taking...

Back