Gen-II dyno numbers (TEXAS MILE PREP)....

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
For those following my build thread on the other site....

Got-Busa? 2008 Project bike....

Thank you....Johnny for taking the time to dyno my bike and chatting with me about everything.

Johnny Cheese Performance: Johnny Cheese Performance

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Here are the numbers 100% BONESTOCK as Suzuki delivered her out of the crate (in the same condition as she ran the Texas Mile race). I hadn't even changed the oil yet.

BONESTOCK08Busa.jpg

STD: 180.31 HP 108.6 TQ

SAE: 175.90 HP 105.61 TQ

In my opinion, it does no good to swap dyno's half way through since most dyno's are ONLY a tuning aid and really can't be compared. :beerchug:

Now to the good stuff... :laugh:

BROCK's ALIEN HEAD EXHAUST....

There are many reasons for choosing this exhaust but before I give you my opinion, lets talk FACTS ONLY!

Using a bathroom scale, I weighed the factory exhaust system when I took it off the bike. The full header with 2-catalytic converters AND two mufflers weighed 43LBS!!!! You didn't miss read that guys/gals, that's FORTY THREE pounds for a factory OEM exhaust...

The Brock's system with full header and everything weighed right at 8LBS!!! For those that aren't good with math, that's a weight savings of 35LBS. coming OFF the bike. There aren't many other things that will drop that kind of weight on a bike. Not only does this weight savings help in straight line performance but also makes a BIG difference in the cornering department.

Now to my opinion: The other reason for choosing a Brock's system is simply they can't be beat. If you want the best quality pipe for the money, best customer service, AND best performance from your bike.....I suggest you give him a call.

Back to FACTS....everyone wants to know what kind of a performance gain the pipe so...

PICS:
DSC_0265-1.jpg

O2 bung pre-installed from Brock's...
DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

SHELL 93-OCTANE PUMP GAS!
pumpgraph.jpg

STD: 194.7 HP 114.7 TQ

SAE: 189.92 HP 111.28 TQ

Running VP MR9 RACE GAS!
DSC_0277.jpg

MR9graph.jpg

STD: 199.0 HP 117.1 TQ

SAE: 195.65 HP 113.98 TQ

This is on a 100% BONE STOCK unopened, untouched engine PEOPLE! :eek:

I can't wait to ride her and see how she runs. I truly about pissed myself with the results. After all the results and info you see posted online, I was going to be tickled if she made 190rwhp on Race Gas. I really can't believe what Suzuki has done with the Generation-II Hayabusa and how much they've given us from the factory. These are great times people; the Hayabusa really is an amazing platform to build on and I look forward to posting more info as I learn in my attempt to go FASTER!!! :cool:

THANK YOU AGAIN Johnny Cheese and Greg for helping me get this thing ready. I can't wait to see what she does...

Also, THANK YOU to Brock and the guys at Brock's Performance, Greg Smith, Guy Caputo at Tiger Racing and everyone else that has taken care of me over the years!
:thumbsup:

See my other thread for a mod list: Got-Busa? 2008 Project bike....

Last edited:
Those are excellent gains. I cant wait to throw an exhaust on mine. How is the noise? Im debating between the r-77 and the alien head. Congrats!

Those are excellent gains. I cant wait to throw an exhaust on mine. How is the noise? Im debating between the r-77 and the alien head. Congrats!

Actually at idle and low RPM's it's not bad, similar to any other system. However, at full bore in the upper RPM's....it screams! :laugh:

14 HP gain on the Gen II is good stuff. Good luck on your quest for 200 MPH.

Looks good! Good luck and be safe. :thumbsup: I like how Brock's system helps pickup hp and torque sooner and carries it further in the revs. Thanks for the SAE corrected numbers and all the info you've posted. It provides good detail.

HEY

You mentioned in the 1st post that you hadnt even changed the oil yet,so im gonna assume,which I hate to do. that you are still under 500mi? did you not break in the motor?
just asking because im curious to if not doing so will lead to ealry engine problems,wear,compression...etc

Thanks everyone! :beerchug: Only one more week for the race... :thumbsup:

HEY

You mentioned in the 1st post that you hadnt even changed the oil yet,so im gonna assume,which I hate to do. that you are still under 500mi? did you not break in the motor?
just asking because im curious to if not doing so will lead to ealry engine problems,wear,compression...etc

No, the bike was broken in properly (well more of a race style than owners manual recommendation) and then the oil was changed to Mobil-1 at 250-miles. It was ridden on the street for a while and then I changed the oil again before the first Texas Mile race (right at 1,000-miles). After the race, I had the bike dynoed as it sat from the Texas Mile for the bonestock numbers. I did this so I had any idea how much power it was making when I ran 182-mph...

Once all of the basic mods were complete the oil was changed to the race oil which is in it now. I should probably add the oil info to the build thread...

Actually at idle and low RPM's it's not bad, similar to any other system. However, at full bore in the upper RPM's....it screams! :laugh:

Ok , I love that pipe man, Got any full profile pics with the right side, i wanna see the powder coated job also, I just had mine done but fouled up re-installing my bushings...:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Now i gotta replace all of them...:banghead::banghead:

I am trying to convince myself into it. However whats the official word of how people are "burning" themselves or thier shoes with the exhaust?

I have Hot Bodies tips right not, the exits seem to be in the same type location and I haven't even come close to burning anything with those tips.

Ok , I love that pipe man, Got any full profile pics with the right side, i wanna see the powder coated job also, I just had mine done but fouled up re-installing my bushings...:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Now i gotta replace all of them...:banghead::banghead:

I am trying to convince myself into it. However whats the official word of how people are "burning" themselves or thier shoes with the exhaust?

I have Hot Bodies tips right not, the exits seem to be in the same type location and I haven't even come close to burning anything with those tips.

theres no issues with burning your soles.,I had that exhaust on my 02 and gonna put it on my 08 soon,the Black comes stock from Brocks,cost a few hundred more though

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/s...-Head-Exhaust-System-dsh-GSX-dsh-R1300/Detail

Last edited:
Back