Gen 2 Rear Reflector Bracket Removal DIY

F=MA

Donating Member
Registered
I got a p.m. asking how I removed the rear reflector brackets on the Gen 2. I can't take credit for figuring this out, as I did a search that listed the steps, but here are some photos of the steps. I know bike is dirty, but I bought it to ride, not show. ;)

In photo 5, there are no nuts showing on the bolts. That's because I'd already removed them, and I wasn't putting them back on for the photo shoot. Just use your imagination.

Hope this helps someone out. It takes about five minutes per side. Grabbing the nuts with the "claw" is the toughest part...be sure to loosen the screws/bolts from below first.

Turn Signal Removal 1.jpg

Turn Signal Removal 2.jpg

Grab Tool 1.jpg

Grab Tool 2.jpg

Bolt Location.jpg

Final.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to reach in thru the turn signal holes and hold the nuts and pull them out. Just wish I had smaller hands to do it for me though.....

I was able to reach in thru the turn signal holes and hold the nuts and pull them out. Just wish I had smaller hands to do it for me though.....

I don't think I could have gotten my hand in there...at least not if I wanted it back.

I actually was able to put my hand in there somehow, and I am by no counts a small guy. But aside from that I did it exactly like F=MA described it, took me only around 10-15 minutes.

I took my tail off to install my Scorpio alarm, nuts came out then.

Thanks!!! F=MA The pics were very helpful, some how I managed to get my hand in there and grab them with my fingers.

Sweet pic!! My daughter which is 8yrs is always lurking around the bike when I'm in the garage just waiting for the "green light" to go for a small ride.

Back