Let there be light!

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
I took a break from working in the garage to shed some light in my trailer. Still working on it but here are some pics from tonight's fun:

I installed a couple 48" 2-bulb T-8 fixtures:

IMG00069-20091029-2155.jpg

Definitely lights up the trailer

IMG00068-20091029-2155.jpg

I installed a switch and down below will be an outlet; still working on that.

IMG00070-20091029-2155.jpg

The T-8 fixtures require less power so I'll be able to run the bulbs with a power inverter! (already tested it). I'm going to wire an outlet on the outside of the trailer so I can use utility power or my generator. And I'm also going to pull 12V from the trailer connector to power a power inverter to provide the 120VAC to run the lights.

I'll be working on that in the next few days and will post up more pics....

IMG00069-20091029-2155.jpg

IMG00068-20091029-2155.jpg

IMG00070-20091029-2155.jpg

Nice work...i want one. Well maybe when i get old enough to trailer my bike that is..:laugh:

how apprapo for the season!! you got my ex-wifes other car hooked to the wall right by your lightswitch.. :laugh:

but really... what kind of fixtures are those and how do they retain the bulbs? (wont fall out going down road?)

Randy makes a great point. Take tie wraps and secure the bulbs at each end. Sounds like experience talking. :thumbsup:

Great job brother :bowdown:

I made sure to get fixtures with plastic lenses to 1) protect the bulbs and 2) contain them in case one were to fall out. I even further bent the tabs holding the lenses in to make sure that they are secure. I was tugging downward on them pretty good and they didn't come off.

how apprapo for the season!! you got my ex-wifes other car hooked to the wall right by your lightswitch.. :laugh:

but really... what kind of fixtures are those and how do they retain the bulbs? (wont fall out going down road?)

OMG. The ex's other car. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What's next? A bathtub, toilet, kitchen table, appliances?

Some folks here struggling with attaching a hitch receiver to their cars... and looking for a simple trailer. Ya know. :laugh:

Otherwise, looks great! :thumbsup:

Can I have a suggestions which will greatly improve aestetics of your trailer interior? Get a stick on glow-in-the-dark stars, etc. and glue them around. You can even buy glow-in-the-dark paint on ebay if you want to do something more elaborate. Then, when you turn the light off, the enterior of the trailer will glow really nicely.

Well, I am doing it to my garage...

Back