Product review "laminar lip" wind deflector

SHWELL

Registered
You have seen these advertised in the Moto Mags all over the world. I stumbled across the add and decided to take a look at the products they offer. Low and behold, they had one for our beloved Busa. Not sure of the current pricing, but at $75 a year ago, I thought "What the hell I have wasted more in my life" so I ordered one. Once it arrived, the installation was as esy as it gets, and that worried me. It is held in place by 2 bolts and some high strength Velcro. Now for cruising, this method of install is adequate, but on a bike that god awefully fast, I though it could be a little stronger, so I added 2 more bolts. I did this by drilling wholes on both sides and adding the nut and bolt combo. And boy did that stiffin things up a bit.

The lip is designed to provide better wind protection. And is designed for use with stock windscreens. I have mine installed with a double bubble snd it still works great. I had to add another piece of Velcro where the bubble and the lip would meet therefore eliminating any vibration and excessive rattling at high speeds. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being crap, and 10 being perfect) I give the Hayabusa version of the Laminar Lip an 8.5. The Wind deflection is superb at cruising speed, but once I am over 130 (for testing) the lip Vibrate a bit more than I would like. Since the modification on the install that has improved drastically, I am basing my rating on the original setup as meant by the manufacturer. It looks a bit awkward as well, but it def grows on you to the point where you sometime forget it is there. But after having it for a year now, I will never take it off for any long period of time. Great product for the price.

For more info check their site: http://www.laminarlip.com/

No affiliation with Laminar, I just love the product and thought I would share.

i would also like to see a pic. thinks for the write up
cool.gif

Sorry, I did not post them in the original, I tried but it did not work..

Imagestation.com closed, link removed

had mine just short of the limiter...

I had to add extra fasteners when it kept messing up at first, NO problems since. I changes the airflow enough that I do not feel the need to tuck until over 90.

As Corroded has stated, there is no need to tuck until 90+ (Personally no need to tuck until 100). I have taken the bike up to 160 with no ill effects. But remember, I modified the way mine bolts on. I have it drilled and supported by a few extra screws therefore it has a higher tolerance for higher speeds.

Back