Strong magnetic storm coming later today...

Here in NZ tobacco is taxed so heavily it's now at $40 a pack of 20's . . . just out of interest what does a pack of 20's cost in the US?
Hi. I have never smoked but I thing cheep ones $7.00 to $8.00 a pack of 20 to maybe $11.00 to $12.00
Hi. I have never smoked but I thing cheep ones $7.00 to $8.00 a pack of 20 to maybe $11.00 to $12.00?
Hi. I remember in 7th grade my mother smoked they were $.25 a pack.

As long as we are either talking or being educated.....it's a good time.
If you want to see good history lesson and learn a few things going back over a 100 years check this one out. While I certainly don't agree with many of the historically recorded moments being factual as the story teller tells us... some of it is as real as it gets.
Update.
It was on You Tube for free... it might still be. However, Prime Video must have bought the rights to it. This is what I found when I looked for it on You Tube.

Hi. I have never smoked but I thing cheep ones $7.00 to $8.00 a pack of 20 to maybe $11.00 to $12.00

Hi. I remember in 7th grade my mother smoked they were $.25 a pack.
I been cig free 9 years + now , but the Aussie govenment are taxing tobacco to hell , a 50 gram roll ur own tobacco pouch like I used to buy now cost AU$140.00 + PAPERS ETC . More expensive than the cocaine the politicians are snorting even....

@Red05 I’m close to the Seminole nation reservation. Tax free cheap smokes. Maybe we should get a couple containers and send them to kiwi land? I like the sound of international cigarette smuggler.
1704300077286.gif

Back in the day when I was in the Air Force we go TDY with the Army and they had to stay on location in tent's but being AF we stayed in a local Hotel and would bring Beer and Cig's and make a few bucks, I think that's the only time the Army like us lol.

Back in the day when I was in the Air Force we go TDY with the Army and they had to stay on location in tent's but being AF we stayed in a local Hotel and would bring Beer and Cig's and make a few bucks, I think that's the only time the Army like us lol.
The Air Force guys used to bring us KFC chicken sometimes.....

We spent a lot of time with the Air Force guys as that was the primary way we got in and out of locations.....

I remember being way in country one time, sitting on a hillside after a long hump in eating KFC chicken that we put in zip lock bags...

We spent a lot of time with the Air Force guys as that was the primary way we got in and out of locations.....

I remember being way in country one time, sitting on a hillside after a long hump in eating KFC chicken that we put in zip lock bags...

I had friends in the Air Force, and they laughed about it...called it the Chair Force, lol, and that their Spec Ops are called PJ's...sounds so indimidating, lol...until they realized he is the lone badass coming to drag you out of where you shouldn't be...
Much Respect to All you guys for what you've been through, and accomplished.

I had friends in the Air Force, and they laughed about it...called it the Chair Force, lol, and that their Spec Ops are called PJ's...sounds so indimidating, lol...until they realized he is the lone badass coming to drag you out of where you shouldn't be...
Much Respect to All you guys for what you've been through, and accomplished.
If we look at a few Air Force elite special forces around the world, the SAS and ASAS are pretty capable Air Force guys.

I worked with a US Air Force Spec Ops team and they were pretty capable too...most of them were selected from other branches-one guy was a former Green Beret and another was a former Ranger...and I know a few of them were former Marine Force Recon guys

@Red05 I’m close to the Seminole nation reservation. Tax free cheap smokes. Maybe we should get a couple containers and send them to kiwi land? I like the sound of international cigarette smuggler.
View attachment 1675283
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Not only Kiwi but just state to state here; Missouri to California the difference is astounding. I wonder how much 'unofficial' shipping goes on?

My friend being a crew chief had to put thousands of dollar's on his AF credit card just to refuel a C130 after landing in a hell hole that wouldn't take anything else. He caught hell for it from the Brass but he did get that C130 home. That card was for food and rooms when going TDY.

My brother is retired Army and flown Helicopters and Planes and was dropped off in the middle of no where for survival training and the Army forgot to pick him back up after it was completed. He wasn't to happy to spent a few more days out there lol.

There's just something about being in the Military, Good times and bad times and a lot of memories.

Back