Strong magnetic storm coming later today...

“Tips for enduring magnetic storms

Medical advice during magnetic storms includes getting more rest, monitoring one's health, and ensuring adequate sleep. Other recommendations include:

regular and balanced nutrition sufficient water intake reducing physical and emotional stress limiting alcohol and tobacco taking walks in fresh air morning contrast showers exercise ventilating indoor spaces avoiding overexertion by engaging in calm activities and choosing easier sports activities if necessary, seek medical help.”

LOL

“Tips for enduring magnetic storms

Medical advice during magnetic storms includes getting more rest, monitoring one's health, and ensuring adequate sleep. Other recommendations include:

regular and balanced nutrition sufficient water intake reducing physical and emotional stress limiting alcohol and tobacco taking walks in fresh air morning contrast showers exercise ventilating indoor spaces avoiding overexertion by engaging in calm activities and choosing easier sports activities if necessary, seek medical help.”

LOL
I only posted it as I've never seen such a warning before....

And there are several sources that state the same thing...??

@Zerks said……
1704225507836.gif

It’s the govt doing it!!!

Here in NZ tobacco is taxed so heavily it's now at $40 a pack of 20's . . . just out of interest what does a pack of 20's cost in the US?
Thank goodness I've never smoked....

I remember guys going into nicotine fits when they couldn't get cigarettes on lengthy OPs....

Our recruiters in our unit would seek out non-smokers for that very reason and our leadership would fund smokers to stop.

Thank goodness I've never smoked....

I remember guys going into nicotine fits when they couldn't get cigarettes on lengthy OPs....

Our recruiters in our unit would seek out non-smokers for that very reason and our leadership would fund smokers to stop.
We have regular ram raids on stores here specifically for cigarettes and tobacco, that's how expensive and in demand the cursed stuff is!
I said $40 a pack, actually $45.90 on average!!
That's $28.70 USD.
We have a very low smoking rate here, I wonder why?
Only the poor people smoke here, crazy how that works huh . . .

We have regular ram raids on stores here specifically for cigarettes and tobacco, that's how expensive and in demand the cursed stuff is!
I said $40 a pack, actually $45.90 on average!!
That's $28.70 USD.
We have a very low smoking rate here, I wonder why?
Only the poor people smoke here, crazy how that works huh . . .
That's about $1200 a month for smokes for most people. That's insane!

Last edited:
I used to do a lot of work in Central Mexico in a past career. Marlboro's were like a buck a pack ($1usd) down there. Guess who's getting rich off of tobacco sales here? :fire:

$13.50 a pack around here. A pack a day is nearly $5,000 a year. Cigarettes are simply nicotine delivery devices.

It’s a hell of an addiction.
Wow enlightening to see the difference in tobacco tax state to state. I thought there were more smokers here in Missouri
because of habit or personality.

Bee, we never know where your threads are going to go lol

Last edited:
Back