Akra exhaust install questions

Got my heat shield from Summitt Racing, but haven't put it on yet. Was never able to get my Akra in place without resting on the bellypan. The Brock Hindle pipe fits very nicely, so I haven't rushed to put it on.

Got my heat shield from Summitt Racing, but haven't put it on yet.  Was never able to get my Akra in place without resting on the bellypan.  The Brock Hindle pipe fits very nicely, so I haven't  rushed to put it on.
mine rests there also. Just double layered..no worries..

hogger...

what is the "belly pan" ??
rock.gif
I hope the pipe doesnt rest on any plastic...

I would still put heat shield on the bellypan and possibly the right lower fairing because the heat will cause it too melt.

I got it all installed and it sounds great... but like i said above i'm going out tomorrow to look for some heat shield or tape of some sort to line the inside of my plastics so i dont have an issue with melting.    Thanks to all who chimed in with help!  Much appreciated!
Do a browse for "cold tape" works well...

New problem today... where the 2 lower side plastics come together under the bike, well it wont go together because the pipes are preventing it. I could cut the plastic and it would probably fit but i'm thinking that this shouldnt be a problem. It is the part that is in the very back where the wing connects, as a matter of fact i cant even install the wing because the 2 sides are to far apart because they rest on the exhaust...

New problem today... where the 2 lower side plastics come together under the bike, well it wont go together because the pipes are preventing it.  I could cut the plastic and it would probably fit but i'm thinking that this shouldnt be a problem.  It is the part that is in the very back where the wing connects, as a matter of fact i cant even install the wing because the 2 sides are to far apart because they rest on the exhaust...
there should be a small gap there but not much. What I think you need to do is loosen the mid pipe and rotate to the next best position.

Rotate your mid pipe. The secret to installing these systems is to leave everything lose. Pre-fit then bolt up. Your lower belly pan should fit.

Another tip. On the right side belly pan bolt you will need to trim a little off of the bolt ~OR~ use a couple of washers to space the bolt down. The threads of the bolt will hit the bottom of the pipe and not draw all the way flush with the belly pan.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154205194 -->

Back